All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: my new Epson EH-TW6000 3d 3lcd projector
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 08:48 

just bought an ex demo one of these, took a while to get the mount sorted and fitted/lined up as this model has no lens shift, i managed to get a 100% new original epson mount for £19 online, tested avatar 3d, looked stunning in 3d , i'm using a standard white screen and caliberated it as per http://www.projectorreviews.com/epson/h ... /index.php.

a few things i found out the epson glasses @ £70 are based on the panasonic tech so panasonic 3d shutter glasses work perfectly ( i tested the new style ones and the old style ) epson glasses look pretty naff compared to the panasonic ones but there better if you have to wear glasses under the 3d glasses also the epson lens are bigger which imo is a plus point.

also i found out the ps3 can only do 7.1 in 2d mode, as soon as you crank out 1080p and 7.1 dts ma in 3d the sound stream shuts down so you have to goto low quality 5.1 through the optical channel to your amp, i'm going to but a panasonic dual hdmi blu ray player, 1 port is dedicated to 3d picture the other port is dedicated to 7.1 ma, annoying having to spend another £200 but wth.

i allways wondered how a 1.3a spec hdmi port on the ps3 could manage 3d and 7.1.....