All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: 100Hz TV vs 120Hz Monitor
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 00:42 

Hi there,

Ok, first of all I'm aware that the TV 'tween' images on a 50/60Hz input giving a '120Hz' picture.

I'm an avid gamer and owns 2 120Hz monitors and quite frankly find it really hard to play certain games at 60Hz. Refresh rate is very important to me and always been since my CRT days(120Hz+ :shock:). When I'm gaming in the lounge I'm currently playing on a 52" 60Hz plasma over HDMI. It's ok but I really miss the smoothness of my 120Hz monitor upstairs. Unfortunately last I've heard you don't get TVs where you can input a 120Hz signal so I guess the next best thing would be to get a television that would smooth out the image a bit, i.e. 100/120Hz TV.

Does anyone have experience/advice about my current thinking? I've never seen a game scaled in refresh rate from 60Hz up so not sure if it would be practical.

All input welcome :)

Regards,

Post subject: Re: 100Hz TV vs 120Hz Monitor
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 13:25 
Site Admin

Well, pretty much all more recent TV sets feature some kind of internal processing of the image, but it will not make your game seem smoother like when you play with 120Hz refresh rate, at most you can get better looking and sharper movement thanks to this internal processing of the 60Hz input. So don't have too high expectations about that...

Profile WWW