All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Build suggestions ???
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 17:55 

Hii bloody and everyone,
Im buying a custom gaming pc for $4000 next week so i finally came up with a build
My specs are as follows:

Intel core i7-3930k
asrock x79 extreme9 motherboard
g.skill ripjaws z 16gb 2133mhz ram
2X 120gb corsair force gt ssd (raid 0)
2tb seagate 7200rpm hdd
lg bluray burner
asus 7970 2 way crossfirex
corsair h100 liquid cpu cooler
corsair 1050w psu
antec 1200 v3 case
razer blackwidow ultimate keyboard
razer deathadder mouse
razer carcharias headset
samsung s27a950d 3d monitor

Now tell me if i want to make any changes to my build like any preferable brand for a particular product or if anything. For future proofing only im building such a costly pc
Also tell if kinect for windows worth it for gaming

Post subject: Re: Build suggestions ???
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 18:30 
Site Admin

Raid 0 for the SSD's seems a bit overkill for me, single SSD for the OS and the software should be more than enough, the rest could go to the HDD. The Kinect is not much useful yet, so better wait a bit more, you can always get it at a later time. Other than that the rest of the specs are very good, hopefully you will be happy with the two AMD GPUs and the Samsung 3D monitor ;)

If you are not in a hurry and wait just a bit more you should be able to also see what new Nvidia comes up with and decide if it might be a better choice to go for 3D Vision with dual GeForce GPUs in SLI...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 19:23 

thats a good suggestion like you said nvidia gtx 680 rumours are hitting the net everyday also epic games recently showcasted samaritan demo on single kepler card while gtx 580 tri sli was required to run dat demo , it is rumoured that gtx 680 will launch within march according to many sources so let me wait for another 2-3 weeks

i told my friends about these specs they told me to buy i7 3770k ivy bridge processor which is quad core
and im planning to buy i7 3930k which is 6 core processor i want my pc to last for atleast 3-4 years so should i go with i7 3930k or i7 3770k processor ?

will i7 3770k last me for 4 years ?

also im getting 2X120gb corsair force gt in raid 0 because
corsair 240gb ssd costs $330
corsair 120gb ssd costs $170

therefore 2X120gb and 240gb ssd's costs de same therefore im getting it as 2x120gb raid 0 coz raid 0 performs faster yeah i know it is overkill but im nt spending extra amount buddy

plz answer my above question thx

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 20:17 
Site Admin

At the moment it is hard to say what will "last" for even one or two years, let alone for more... ;)

This hardware should be very good and capable of providing great performance for a few years, but you should still have in mind that some things might need to be upgraded in time to keep it top of the line. Generally for gaming the CPU is becoming less of a requirement compared to the video card, so even with a quad core processor you should be fine. With this setup the only thing that might need an upgrade in a year or two is the video cards, although they should still be providing more then enough performance.

AMD and Nvidia are quite fast on bringing new products on the market and now only with the latest generations it took them a bit loner than usual, Intel is also fast on bringing new chipsets and processors, so it is to be expected that in four years for example the current hardware will be a few generations old. Although it might not be that much slower in terms of performance, you might want to get some extra new features that are currently not available and that could be more serious reason for upgrade than the need of more performance...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 04:28 

gtx 680 is dx11.1 video card so i will upgrade my video card wen new dx cards comes out it might take another 3 years coz if windows 8 is releasing this year windows 9 will release 3 years later at that time only new directx will come out