All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Windows Desktop or Web Browser Converter
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2012, 16:02 

I was wondering if anyone knew of any applications that could either have a web browser convert it's content on the fly to nvidia 3d or
the entire desktop.

Recently, I bought a lg passive monitor with the ability to convert through the monitor the entire screen. Which is pretty cool.
You can view the web, desktop, or basically any content converted on the fly in 3D. While it's not real 3D, it's pretty good.

I have a few 3D setups, a normal shutter glasses setup, and a Toshiba autostereoscopic laptop. Both, especially the autostereoscopic laptop, I would like to do something similar and be able to just turn on the whole desktop in 3D using the vision drivers, or the browser.

If anyone knows of any applications that can do something like this. I'd be interested in your input

Post subject: Re: Windows Desktop or Web Browser Converter
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2012, 10:21 
Site Admin

I'm not aware of such an application that can convert the desktop or the browser output in 3D in real time, and this is a bit pointless as the conversion of these with the traditional 2D to 3D autoconversion algorithms will be quite poor anyway...

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Windows Desktop or Web Browser Converter
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2012, 12:36 

My LG passive monitor has a converter built into the hardware, while it's not as nice a using real stereo pairs,
it's pretty good.

I use it all the time to watch 2D movies in 3D. I find the Cyberlink PowerDVD has the best real-time conversion I've seen. It's pretty good actually.

Needless to say, I think it wouldn't be to bad, and viewing websites in 3D is pretty cool. Although I can only do this with LG built in converter.
I would think everyone including NVIDIA could benefit from things like this.

Although, it's very difficult to find. I've found a few firefox and chrome add-ons that do anaglyph, but nothing with 3D vision.