All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Manual conversion....
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 16:27 

hi, i want to ask about 2d to 3d manual conversion...especially that i haden't found a lot of material about this subject..
im actually working with nuke, and i know about rotoscoping , rotopaint, camera mapping, displacement, depth map...etc
but what is the process to do a shot, and which technique i have to use.... for example if i have shot that contains an explosion of rocks and dust, should i roto each peace or particle ????? well it will take me for ever ??? how people do in the conversion company??? is there any clear tutorial???? plllllllllllllllllllease help, im very confused....

Post subject: Re: Manual conversion....
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 16:10 
Site Admin

There are way to many different techniques for manual conversion of 2D video into stereo 3D, some of which use already available tools and some have developed in-house solutions for speeding up the conversion process and making it look better. All of them however are still requiring a lot of manpower and resources, the 2D to 3D conversion of even a short music video, not even a whole movie is something that would require at least a few people working on it and it would take some time. So it is out of the question for a single person to properly convert long video sequences all by himself and expect to have them done in a couple of hours or even days for that matter... you can quickly do a conversion of a single photo by yourself in relatively short time, but event hat also depends on the complexity of the image. So you should start from the more basic things like converting a 2D photo into a 3D one, before moving to much more complex scene and then movie conversions... and yet again, this is a time consuming and requiring a lot of efforts work that is not meant to be done by single person.

Profile WWW