All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Anyone Else Shooting UW 3D?
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2012, 20:17 

Hi,

Is anyone shooting underwater stereo? A group of us who do this circulate a folio and would welcome other members.

Regards,
Mark

Post subject: Re: Anyone Else Shooting UW 3D?
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 14:30 

i think there is a lot of UW 3D , but they all use special equipement, since the lowcost GoPro is not able to shoot
underwater correctly unless you fiddle a bit with lenses.
If you shoot with another camera, you will probably need a flat port because a dome port would add some optical weirdnesss.
UW shots are usually limited to macro, since water and light are rarely good enough for wide shot of far objects.
so UW 3D is probaly very limited in what you can do.

Post subject: Re: Anyone Else Shooting UW 3D?
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 22:17 

"
Quote:
UW shots are usually limited to macro, since water and light are rarely good enough for wide shot of far objects.
so UW 3D is probaly very limited in what you can do."

No, fortunately, this is not the case. Underwater imaging is not mostly limited to macro, and underwater wide angle 3D is feasible. The Go Pro is a realtively new entry in the available equipment, and the ports are easlily switched out for UW use (to flat ports). I have the Go Pro 3D system (although I don't use it professionally). The resulting images are still quite wide angle through the flat port and do not suffer from an unacceptable level of distortion, given the available software fixes.

I am personally aware of at least a dozen UW 3D shooters before the advent of any commercially available cameras for this purpose.

Mark