All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Youtube 3D 1080p videos play slow!
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 09:50 

Why youtube 3d videos play very slow at 1080p when you go in full screen?
I don't have problems with others 1080p... I have an intel i5 CPU.

Post subject: Re: Youtube 3D 1080p videos play slow!
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 10:04 
Site Admin

An i5 CPU should be able to handle the processing load of a normal 2D 1080p video, but you can check the processor load while playing 1080p video on YouTube just in case. Depending on the video card you have you may also try the GPU-accelerated decoding of the flash player if you have an up to date version installed, if not just update it to the latest. Have in mind that normal 1080p 2D video is a bit different from 1080p 3D video as with the second you may actually have two 1080p frames to decode if the video is being watched int he Original format an not the 1080p option which usually squashes the video horizontally to fit in a standard 1080p resolution although it is in 3D. Watching high resolution videos in Original format (over 1080p up to 4K or Full stereo 3D 1080p frames) is quite demanding and it is better to download them to your PC and then watch them with a video player. Also check your internet connection speed, if you are being able to watch it in real time, otherwise wait just a bit more for the clip to be buffered before starting to watch it...

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Youtube 3D 1080p videos play slow!
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 11:38 

it is only full screen problem and I see that problem is with every resolution!
if I don't put in fullscreen I have not problems also with 1080p, but if I put in full screen I have problem also at 240p!!tried \with and without hardware acceleration, with internet explorer and google chrome

if I download also at 1080p I don't have problem!

ps: I see in some comments of others v3d videos that others users have this problem