All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: 4K TV's do they accept a 120HZ signal or are they 60HZ.
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 02:31 

Here we go again into the world of things not really being clear. I saw a demo of 3D on a Sony 4K TV that was passive but looked very impressive. However I could not get any information on if the panel was native 120HZ or just another 60HZ panel.

Post subject: Re: 4K TV's do they accept a 120HZ signal or are they 60HZ.
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 13:34 
Site Admin

We are still not seeing Full HD 3D HDTVs appearing on the market with support for 120Hz input (High-Speed HDMI 1.4), let alone to get 120Hz input on 4K (that would require hell of a lot bandwidth), so for now 4K 3D HDTVs will be passive 3D only.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: 4K TV's do they accept a 120HZ signal or are they 60HZ.
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2013, 20:44 

I just talked with a Sony Rep. They are waiting on the official release of HDMI 2.0(suppose to happen in August). When that is done then they will begin releasing 120HZ screens. They want to own the 4K market by being able to provide content in 4K natively which they can do because they own production studios also. So major movies by them will be shot in 4K in the future. They are suppose to have the ability to field upgrade their 4K TV's to be 2.0 compliant(Chip replacement I assume). Apparently Samsung and LG are not going the native route.

Waiting to see how it all pans out and how correct the info I was given will be.