All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Online Interactive Stereoscopic 3D
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2012, 18:32 

Hello Everyone,
I'm new here so I thought I would post what I have been working on for the last 6 Months.
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm sure someone will tell me if it isnt

OIS3D (patent pending) is rotational 3D (both vertically & horizontally), with output in 2D, Anaglyph 3D, SBS 3D (circular polarized), and presumably support for Interleaved/flicker.
I have also added a voiceover feature which automatically plays in the background whilst you are rotating the 3D model.
All this is achieved, keeping the file size down to a minimum (3-4 megabytes including voiceover).

At the moment, I am testing and refining the system with 1:18 Auto models. I have done a few already, with more on the way.

Models are located at the following link:

http://27.33.137.47/Auto/Auto.html

I have developed & tested the system on an LG Cinema3D TV/Monitor. You just load up the model, then you press the 3D button on the TV remote, the onscreen display should show a number of 3D modes it supports. Up/Below, Side by Side, interlaced and so on. Side by Side is obviously the one you want. Press the direction buttons on the remote, then press ok. This should output the input signal as SBS3D. Note: I have not tested this on other brand TV's, but they should have the same or similar method of activating SBS 3D mode. Dont try to activate through your video card driver, as the system does not utilize it or OpenGL/CL api's. Though on Intel GPU's, you can press CTRL, ALT F5, and it will activate (tested).

Let me know what you think.

Regards
jaybr

Post subject: Re: Online Interactive Stereoscopic 3D
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2012, 13:04 

Bit disappointed you used models tbh rather than real cars.

Post subject: Re: Online Interactive Stereoscopic 3D
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2012, 03:28 

Hi Emett,
Thank you for your response.

The use of models is to show what the OIS3D engine can do. The whole system can, and will be used for full size vehicles in the future.
The aquistition system is the only part that needs to be engineered. The code is complete.

J