All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: HTC EVO 3D Phone - add my own S3D files?
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 02:57 

Hello~ I just purchased the EVO 3D and would like to add my own side x side stereo 3D MP4 (or MOV) files to this phone to play on the handset.

I've dropped these files on the microSD card but they don't play, not even seen. After a call to HTC I was told the files need to be *.MPO files... huh, never heard of this format.. any ideas (perhaps an application that will convert my stereo MP4 or MOV files to this MPO format preserving the stereo??

Thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: HTC EVO 3D Phone - add my own S3D files?
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 10:39 
Site Admin

The MPO file format is used for 3D photos, not for 3D videos...

For videos the device should be using Side by Side videos in MP4 format, at least the LG Optimus 3D is using these.

The best way to check is to record a 3D movie with the phone and check the parameters it uses on the PC, then convert your videos in the right format. For LG's Optimus 3D it is MP4, 29.97 fps, 1280x720 (squahsed) Side by Side, maybe the EVO uses similar...

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: HTC EVO 3D Phone - add my own S3D files?
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 04:59 

MPO format is also used by the Fuji 3d cameras. They are similar to JPGs. StereoPhotoMaker can make MPOs from a pair of jpg images, the software is FREE to downlaod from the web.

MPO is simply 2 side by side images in one. If one were to rename a MPO file to JPG it can be viewed by a jpg viewer, but ONLY the left image will appear.

MrG