All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: anaglyph on normal tv lcd screen
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 20:31 

have some issue... when i watch an anaglyph video on my pc lcd screen... it is pretty good... but when i watch it on my tv lcd screen, there are more ghosting and the 3d is not as good... someone knows why? i have noticed that with hdmi output, 3d improved on my tv lcd as opposed to the traditional av cable... is it related to refresh rate or someting?

Post subject: Re: anaglyph on normal tv lcd screen
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 21:07 
Site Admin

It is probably due to difference in color reproduction, because anaglyph relies on color filters and psecific colors to produce the depth effect. The other thing might be due to difference in size of the screens, with the 3D TV being bigger and thus the image getting higher separation between the images for the left and right eyes.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 21:26 

yup my tv lcd(42") is much bigger than my pc lcd screen (24") .. is there a workaround?

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 21:43 
Site Admin

With 3D videos the offset between the two images for the left and right eye is preset when they were shot or post-processed and if they were not made for bigger screens, then you don't have much of a choice... especially if the videos are already encoded in anaglyph format. Maybe watching it in a smaller window. With videos in Side by Side format you have more flexibility by controlling the parallax for example, but then again that doesn't allow you full control such as in games where everything is rendered in real time depending on your preferences.

Profile WWW