All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Avatar in 3D? - seeing red....
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 15:48 

Hi,
I am completely new to all this but have had a bit of a read around and found the thread talking about how to get 3d bluray iso's to play on a 3d TV through the computer.
I have a series 7 samsung 55 inch LED 3d TV
I have downloaded total media theatre 5 premium and dvdfab virtual drive
I am running a Gigabyte ATI radeon HD 5450 1gb ddr3
I can get the movie to start up no worries, however the TV does not make the glasses turn on and view in 3d automatically. I can make the samsung TV show the picture in 3d without any dramas and that switches on the glasses but i think that this is the samsung built in 2d-3d converter working rather than the full 3d bluray iso that i have downloaded.
Either way, the movie appears to be in anaglyph format (ie. i can see the red / green shadows of the pictures. The file that i downloaded was 48 GB and should be the full proper 3d iso so not sure why i am seeing red.... both figuratively and literally.
Would love some help please.

Post subject: Re: Avatar in 3D? - seeing red....
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 16:24 
Site Admin

Check if the player is configured to output 3D over HDMI 1.4 or it is set to use Anaglyph output.

With HDMI 1.4 output the TV should automatically get the 3D and activate the glasses...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 13:23 

Hi,
The total media theatre viewing environment is set to AMD HD3D Technology.
Does that also require a HDMI 1.4 Cable to be used? And then does that mean that i need a video card that has a 1.4 hdmi output?

Appologies for my newbyness but i'm learning.

Ta

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 14:26 
Site Admin

No need for HDMI 1.4 cable or hardware support from the card, the player should be doing all that it required to output the 3D content in the right format... maybe you can try with PowerDVD as well, you can download the latest trial version, it should be enough for the test.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 14:32 

I tried a few different things but even when i changed the viewing environment to the checkerboard one which did stop the red shadow, the tv did not pick up that it was meant to produce 3D. Shall download power dvd tomorrow and see if it works.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011, 11:26 

ther original blu-ray is coded as MVC, but there are chance you download a rip of the blu-ray that converted MVC to SBS (2x full hd), that would explain the size of the file.
full resolution SBS cannot probably send from computer to screen, because the size of the picture (3840x1080) and the samsung TV does not understand SBS at full res. only SBS at half res.
so you have to make sure the player is able to convert the file to a valid HDMI stream (HDMI 1.4).

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011, 14:07 

Thanks for that.

I downloaded powerdvd and it seems to play it fine but it said that it could not recognise a 3d monitor (my samsung series 7 led 3d tv) and it played in 2d. If i changed the output to a checkerboard pattern it would play fine (blurry as it should be for 3D, but still my TV would not signal to the glasses to turn on.

The file is the original ISO rip of the bluray. To my knowledge it has not been latered at all. There was another option on the site that i downloaded it from to get the one that had been altered to a sbs but i did not get that one. If you are interested the link is
http://chris-fletcher.com/tag/3d-blu-ray-download/

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 03:02 

So.... with trying everything i could not find a reason for it not to work. My local computer parts shop let me buy a new video card with 100% money back guarantee if it doesn't do what i want it to do.

So i have purchased a Gainward GTS250 1GB DDR3 card which i will run with NVIDIA's latest firmware and 3D software tonight and see if that makes a difference. I think that my ATI 5450 although able to do 3D does not output HDMI 1.4a which may have been why my TV would not register a 3D image input and output the signal to run the 3D glasses.

Anyway will test tonight and report back.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 15:40 

Nope.

Have downloaded the latest drivers, checked all the settings to the best of my knowledge, but still the Cyberlink says it does not see a 3D tv, nor does it seem to work with Total media Theatre 5.

Have i gone and bought the wrong video card again? I am able to return it. Was looking otherwise at a gt 430.

Someone must have an idea on what i'm doing wrong. If you need more info please feel free to ask. I just don't get it!

Frustratingly,

drosteo

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 16:11 
Site Admin

With the GTS 250 card do you see a stereoscopic 3D option in your Nvidia Control panel menu?

If so, can you post a screenshot showing what is present there...

Profile WWW