All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: SRT support in 3D Mkv
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 22:31 

I´m having the same problem that user "tornadog" had when started this topic (subtitles show up as split with right half of text showing on left and vice versa), but with this difference that I cant use the PC to play 3D movies, so I´m trying to burn subtitles to the BD disc, so I could play the 3D movies on Philips 3D player and LG 3D TV system. I used many different ways to do that, but most of thous attempts finished with above mentioned problem (picture and sound is perfect but problem with subtitles). I made different subtitle file types using 3DSubtitler 2.7.1.0 and merged them with movie files but problem stays (used MKVMerge). I had used subtitle file types .idx, .sub (VobSub), .srt, .sup (blu-ray).
Does anybody knows how to burn 3D subtitles to the BD disc so they look normal/readable?

Post subject: Re: SRT support in 3D Mkv
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 10:00 
Site Admin

Essentially you need to double the subtitles and display them on both the left and right eye image, however I'm not sure if this is even possible with currently available consumer tools for Blu-ray 3D movies, there are professional subtitling solutions with BD3D support, but there the price is really quite high for normal users.

Profile WWW