All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Whats the best 3D with objects popping out of the screen
PostPosted: 16 May 2012, 10:17 

Im a bit dissapointed that all 3D MOVIES are more liker looking into the screen for the 3D effect
I really would like a movie with things popping out of the screen
I know its more disney land stuff Im asking for, but i really would like to buy a few
thanks for the help

Post subject: Re: Whats the best 3D with objects popping out of the screen
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 08:10 
Site Admin

Most 3D movies are made to offer more depth and not things popping out of the screen, mostly there are just a few scenes... unless of course the director's idea was to attract the viewer's attention only with the effects and not use the volume perception to make the story more believable.

Gaming is the way to go if you want more popout, because there you can adjust the settings the way you want them and 3D movies come with fixed level of depth, so even depending on what type and size of 3D display are you using and how far you are from it may lead to better or worse experience. So instead of adjusting the 3D effect, you have to adjust the external factors for the best experience.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2012, 20:06 

My guess is that these movies were made with the theatre in mind where everyone is sitting at different distances from the screen. If there was "pop-out" for too long, then it would make it uncomfortable for those sitting up close as the effect would be too intense (much like when you have the separation way too high when playing a game). I also believe that since "pop out" does look cooler, it is reserved for special moments so that it does not lose its novelty the few times it does happen. I remember one of the 3D animation shorts that play before the movie starts having a pop-out moment and everyone in the theatre (especially any children) going "whoooa! Cool!". If it was always like that, it would lose that appeal.

I agree with the above poster that video games are your best bet as you can boost the separation to a desired level and even choose to have more pop out or inner depth. I prefer a balance of both as some games will suddenly zoom way in and if I already have too much "pop-out", I won't be able to see anything.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2013, 01:56 

all serie-B have some effects like that, "travel to the center of earth", piranha 3D", etc...

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2013, 04:16 

I just thought of something that might help. When you view a movie in software such as the 3D Vision Player or the actual 3d.tv Sterescopic player, you can actually adjust the separation of the two images manually (SHIFT+LEFT or SHIFT+RIGHT I believe). This also means you can make the images pop out more as well. However, you cannot increase the depth unfortunately as that's pretty much dependent on the scene itself. Hope that helps.