All times are UTC + 2 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Subtitles with Nvidia Stereoscopic Player
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 19:53 

Joined:
10 Jul 2011, 06:32
Posts: 16
I've followed the guide and as a result the player was crashing all the time and couldn't have subtitles...
How did I fixed it?
Under the File->Settings->Decoder->Other->Video Processor I didn't add ffdshow subtitles filter but I added ffdshow Video Decoder and it worked liked a charm!!!

Bloody check it out please :)

And now to my main problem... When I'm watching a SBS video the subtitles works great but when I'm watching an O/U video my eyes goes nuts! :D
The subtitles look transparent and they look like they are the opposite of the video as we say left first right second the subs go right first left second
Any solution or configuration for that matter?
And what other subtitles beside .srt does ffdshow supports?

Thank you in advance


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Subtitles with Nvidia Stereoscopic Player
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 20:49 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined:
29 Apr 2010, 17:51
Posts: 3148
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Yes, you are basically using the same filter for subtitles, however as a part of the decoding with ffdshow.

You still have to go through the setup of the filter but as a part of the configuration of ffdshow in order to make it work properly.

The problem with this method however is that if ffdhsow is not used for the decoding of the video you also won't get subtitles, whereas with the guide about using the subtitles filter even if the video decoder is not ffdshow you should still get the subtitles displayed... although that may also be the cause of the crashing problem sometimes.


 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Subtitles with Nvidia Stereoscopic Player
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 09:06 

Joined:
10 Jul 2011, 06:32
Posts: 16
Bloody wrote:
Yes, you are basically using the same filter for subtitles, however as a part of the decoding with ffdshow.

You still have to go through the setup of the filter but as a part of the configuration of ffdshow in order to make it work properly.

The problem with this method however is that if ffdhsow is not used for the decoding of the video you also won't get subtitles, whereas with the guide about using the subtitles filter even if the video decoder is not ffdshow you should still get the subtitles displayed... although that may also be the cause of the crashing problem sometimes.


Well I used ffdshow for decoding the video but maybe it's a problem with windows 7 x64... (for the crashes of the player)
Anyway I just wanted to share the info :)

And for my problem with subtitles i've found another solution for video over and under...
I convert them with 3D Subtitler and then I'm using mkvmerge to insert them inside the file :)


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Subtitles with Nvidia Stereoscopic Player
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 14:54 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined:
29 Apr 2010, 17:51
Posts: 3148
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
You can try with different versions of ffdshow, I've had similar issues with some builds as well...

And thanks for sharing the info about the 3D Subtitler software, seems quite useful alternative ;)


 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Subtitles with Nvidia Stereoscopic Player
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 19:46 

Joined:
10 Jul 2011, 06:32
Posts: 16
Bloody wrote:
You can try with different versions of ffdshow, I've had similar issues with some builds as well...

And thanks for sharing the info about the 3D Subtitler software, seems quite useful alternative ;)


I see that you already have an article about it http://3dvision-blog.com/3d-subtitler-a ... 3d-videos/
It feels good that I helped :)

Anyway my main problem now is that with Nvidia 3D Vision Player they appear only for awhile and then I have to re-enable them... (I will try other programs as well to see if I have the same problem)
I've searched and searched and searched but didn't find a solution...
Maybe a configuration in ffdshow video decoder?
If anything comes to mind share it with me if you please

Thank you in advance

Edit
UPDATE: I've tried PowerDVD 11 and Stereoscopic Player (which is almost identical to Nvidia Player) and didn't had that problem


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Subtitles with Nvidia Stereoscopic Player
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 13:13 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined:
29 Apr 2010, 17:51
Posts: 3148
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
The ffdshow does not remember the setting for enabling subtitles, so you need to activate it again each time with the 3D Vision Player is that the problem, but it does remember it in the Stereoscopic Player for example?

The 3D Vision Video Player is essentially a stripped down version of the Stereoscopic Player, so it should be handling pretty much the same, although it could also be a bug that has already been resolved in the latest version of the Stereoscopic Player.


 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Subtitles with Nvidia Stereoscopic Player
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 20:19 

Joined:
10 Jul 2011, 06:32
Posts: 16
Bloody wrote:
The ffdshow does not remember the setting for enabling subtitles, so you need to activate it again each time with the 3D Vision Player is that the problem, but it does remember it in the Stereoscopic Player for example?

The 3D Vision Video Player is essentially a stripped down version of the Stereoscopic Player, so it should be handling pretty much the same, although it could also be a bug that has already been resolved in the latest version of the Stereoscopic Player.


Yeah I've noticed...
It keeps the configuration the ffdshow ...


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron