All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Watching 3D Movies in PowerDVD 10
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 20:36 

Hiya,

I got a question,

When I run a true 3d blu ray I cant get the screen to look properly .. For example what should be left is actually at the far end of the right side .. Like the center is somewhere on the side of the screen instead of the middle .. The only way to fix it is set the source on 2d content but im not sure if im getting the max out the 3d image this way .. Showing 2d as 3d works well by the way the only thing that looks off are actual 3d movies .. The blu ray I tested it on was Resident evil afterlife 3d

Oh another thing im slightly annoyed by is if you add more depth to movies the screen shinks, is this normal?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

EDIT -

Hardware = Nvidia 3d vision + Asus 3d monitor (cant think of the type but its the only 3d monitor at the moment as i know of from asus)

Post subject: Re: Watching 3D Movies in PowerDVD 10
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 14:01 
Site Admin

Make sure you have the latest video drivers and the latest updates for PowerDVD.

I suppose games work Ok in stereo 3D mode and you have no trouble with non Blu-ray 3D video in 3D?

You can't increase or decrease the depth of a movie, what you can do is do some parallax adjustment in order to bring the whole picture more out of the screen or inside and that is happening at the cost of some resolution, but it is not like actual depth adjustment that you can do in games for example.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 17:22 

Hi :)

Thanks for your reply .. Indeed everything else works fine .. The stereoscopic effect with the 3d vision without looking at it with glasses is like you see slightly double .. But when i set an actual 3d movie on its original source the picture looks different, like way too much seperated from eachother resulting in pictures mixing on the far outsides of the screen instead of blending nicely if you know what i mean. Setting the source on 2d makes it looks right but I think this way powerdvd only emulates converting 2d to 3d and im afraid im not getting the max out of the movie this way, or am i wrong?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 20:07 
Site Admin

Real 3D is usually superior to the 2D to 3D conversion.

You should try with a different movie, maybe something is wrong with this one.

Profile WWW