All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Nivida 3D Vision working with Playstation 3?
PostPosted: 03 May 2010, 18:50 

Anyone know if there is a chance that the PS3 3D will work with Nvidia 3D Vision? I was thinking if you plug in the receiver through the PS3 USB, plug your PS3 into a 120Hz computer monitor (which I am doing now and it looks incredible) or 3D-ready TV, projector, etc... , then all that would be needed is for Sony to release a patch/driver that allows the Nvidia 3D Vision to work. I think that would be awesome, hopefully Sony doesn't make you pay for "Sony 3D glasses."

Post subject: Re: Nivida 3D Vision working with Playstation 3?
PostPosted: 03 May 2010, 20:41 
Site Admin

It is not as simple as you think and the short answer is that Sony probably won't even consider such an option. They already have their own solution for the PlayStation 3, as the console is designed to work with the new wave of 3D-capable HDTVs like the upcoming BRAVIA 3D TV sets from Sony (should also work with other brands) and with the TV's 3D glasses. But the games for the PlayStation 3 that will support stereo 3D mode are going to be specific, there will not be a conversion of already available games like on the PC with the 3D Vision. So in the end it will be quite pointless for them to try to write software support for 3D Vision, when they already have an alternative approach and a solution that is probably already ready and waiting for the content to come out. And the 3D Vision glasses are not going to be compatible with any 3D HDTV that uses own shutter glasses and there is no standard for IR communication so each and everyone of the TV brands probably has their own solution to the problem...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 03 May 2010, 21:47 

Quote:
Anyone know if there is a chance that the PS3 3D will work with Nvidia 3D Vision? I was thinking if you plug in the receiver through the PS3 USB, plug your PS3 into a 120Hz computer monitor (which I am doing now and it looks incredible) or 3D-ready TV, projector, etc... , then all that would be needed is for Sony to release a patch/driver that allows the Nvidia 3D Vision to work. I think that would be awesome, hopefully Sony doesn't make you pay for "Sony 3D glasses."

I think this is definitely not going to happen! You will be able to do so buying a 3D TV with it's own glasses and proper games...

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 12:20 

Hello everybody.

The only reason I'm keeping my PS3 right now after I bought a new PC is because maybe in the future I will be able to play games in Stereo 3D even though just yet I only use it on a 32LG3000 in my bedroom ( so close viewing distance ) but when I will be sure of a wide availability of 3D for PS3 I think I will buy a 32-37 3D TV.
Guess this 3D technology is the only reason I will make big investments in tech in the future even though I promised myself I already did enough :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 19:29 

FC Barcelona wrote:
Hello everybody.

The only reason I'm keeping my PS3 right now after I bought a new PC is because maybe in the future I will be able to play games in Stereo 3D even though

that's for sure...

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 20:26 

FC Barcelona wrote:
Hello everybody.

The only reason I'm keeping my PS3 right now after I bought a new PC is because maybe in the future I will be able to play games in Stereo 3D even though just yet I only use it on a 32LG3000 in my bedroom ( so close viewing distance ) but when I will be sure of a wide availability of 3D for PS3 I think I will buy a 32-37 3D TV.
Guess this 3D technology is the only reason I will make big investments in tech in the future even though I promised myself I already did enough :mrgreen: .

the only reason i keep my ps3 is because the console exclusives like, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank series, Gran Turisomo 5 Prologue, Infmaous, etc... are absolutely amazing! Many of the exclusive titles manage to look just as good as a maxed out PC game, I don't know how they do it.

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 22:59 

That's very true, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 etc are a reason I maybe forgot to mention, actually GT5 is and just thinking I may play it in 3D gives me shivers :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 07:44 

If some of the flagship ps3 games are made playable in 3d on the ps3 they will probably look quite bad due to the resolution reduction that would be required to have a playable frame rate.