All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Problem with Roxio CinePlayer BD with 3D
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 15:36 

Hello! Does anyone else use the above mentioned program for 3D playback? I'm having a serious issue with it: everytime I try to watch a 3D video, the program turns unresponsive. In other words the movie plays on and none of the commands work. I can't pause, stop or even close the program. The only thing I CAN do, is to restart the computer manually (Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work either). All the non-3D videos work just fine, and this problem wasn't around when I first purchased CinePlayer (at least that's how I remember it). Could this be an nVidia driver issue? Does anyone else have this problem?

Post subject: Re: Problem with Roxio CinePlayer BD with 3D
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2012, 11:11 
Site Admin

Have you installed any updates for the software since you initially installed it?

What video drivers are you using at the moment, you can try going back a version or two or trying the latest beta to see if there will be any difference.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 09:22 

Bloody wrote:
Have you installed any updates for the software since you initially installed it?

What video drivers are you using at the moment, you can try going back a version or two or trying the latest beta to see if there will be any difference.

There are no updates available and I have tried the newest (beta) nVidia drivers as well as the oldest ones I've got. I've been exchanging emails with Roxio tech support, but the problem has not been solved yet. As soon as they come up with a solution, I'll post it here in case someone else faces the same problem.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 17:50 

1. Does your blu-ray DRIVE SUPPORT 3D Playback ???

NOT ALL BLU-RAY DRIVEs SUPPORT 3D playback (I believe) that could be your problem...

2. Can you uninstall it? Then shutdown, after reboot, install it again?

3. ALSO, do you have other 3D blu-ray player software programs installed? like cyberlink?

4. Did you have Roxio blu-ray player software installed and THEN and THEN "updated" to blu-ray 3D software?

I guess this only happens with this program, wow, its a conflict alright.
Good Luck

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 10:23 

The new WHQL-drivers from nVidia fixed the issue. :)