All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: Samsung 700G7C and 3D Vision?
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 10:10 
Site Admin

The Generic CRT mode was available as an option in the 3D Vision setup wizard as a means to use 3D Vision with older CRT monitors for owners of such, but it also worked with LCD displays that did not have official support, unfortunately Nvidia has decide to drop that compatibility mode in more recent driver releases. The problem is that the older drivers that have Generic CRT monitor support do not have official support for the 600M series GPUs and using modified drivers could bring up some issues.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 22:04 

Felix wrote:
@adeldaoud
You need to download the 285.62 driver (http://www.siliconguide.com/drivers/device/2191/) and modified INF file (before posting that message I have edited the file, so now it should support 675m GPU), which is attached to this post.

"Copy that inf at the same folder your non-working Nvidia display driver (285.62) had previously extracted (e.g., C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\version\WinVista_Win7\language\Display.Driver) and run setup.exe just inside of its upper folder."

After that -> follow the previous instruction http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showth ... t=18435064

@Bloody
Where we can get to know more about Generic CRT mode? Have you written an article on your blog about it? It is always another method to try.

Felix, no progress unfortunately. I download the 285,62 from the specified website. Then I extract the setup file (I have tried to run it directly and let it extract to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\version\WinVista_Win7\...). I then copy the inf file to display.driver folder and replace the older one. I run the setup in the upper folder. But the installer says that there is no compatible hardware. See the attached files. I think I am doing everything correctly but you are welcome to comment. It is frustrating to not get this damn driver to install correctly...

Attachments:
nvidia incompatible graphics hardware.jpg [335.91 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
nvwi in correct folder.jpg [466.04 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
correct driver downloaded.jpg [588.94 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 22:17 
Site Admin

Today Nvidia has released a new Beta driver that is supposed to have official support for GTX 675M as well as full 600M GPU series support:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.02-beta-driver.html

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 22:27 

Another note. I have tried to update the GPU drivers via the Device manager with the modified inf file you fixed Felix. On that list, however, there is no GTX 675m driver option - so I tried the 580m, but the installer says that it is not compatible with this version of Windows (which is strange since I downloaded the Win 64 bit driver version).

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 22:51 

Bloody wrote:
Today Nvidia has released a new Beta driver that is supposed to have official support for GTX 675M as well as full 600M GPU series support:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.02-beta-driver.html

Thanks for the tips Bloody. I just tried it, but no stereoscopic support yet. Tried to do the EDID-procedure also, no success on that side. The same error appears "Laptop panel has no 3d vision support"

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 02:36 

adeldaoud wrote:
Another note. I have tried to update the GPU drivers via the Device manager with the modified inf file you fixed Felix. On that list, however, there is no GTX 675m driver option - so I tried the 580m, but the installer says that it is not compatible with this version of Windows (which is strange since I downloaded the Win 64 bit driver version).

So, I have fixed it in a wrong way - I will ask someone for help with installation the driver (of course - if it is possible).

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2012, 12:15 

Felix wrote:
adeldaoud wrote:

So, I have fixed it in a wrong way - I will ask someone for help with installation the driver (of course - if it is possible).

ok, I will await a new modified inf Felix...