All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Samsung 700G7C and 3D Vision?
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 23:38 

Hi

I am trying to get Nvidia 3d vision to work on my Samsung 700G7C, it is not 3d vision ready but has 120 screen and a 3d vision able graphics card (but no 3d vision drivers). I have installed Acer-HN274H-B-3D-Monitor-EDID-Override. But I can still not enable extra features (3d stereoscopic) in the Nvidia control panel. I have also reinstalled the graphics driver just in case. Restarted windows. Still nothing. One might still need another drivers for the graphics card?

Any ideas on how to proceed?

All help appreciated

Post subject: Re: 3D Monitor EDID Override INF driver database
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 23:44 
Site Admin

You also need a 3D Vision IR emitter connected for the driver to enable the stereoscopic 3D functionality.

But since this laptop uses Nivdia Optimus technology to provide switchable graphics I doubt that you will be able to make it work, because 3D Vision and Optimus simply do not work together...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 01:31 

As far as I know - Samsung 700G7C doesn't support Nvidia Optimus. Because of notebook's battery, which (5900mAh) lasts less than 3 hours in idle.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 09:25 
Site Admin

Here there is no mention of Optimus support:
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP700G7C-S01US

But here for example there is:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/840154-REG/Samsung_NP700G7C_S01US_Series_7_Gamer_NP700G7C_S01US.html

Here as well they mention Optimus support:
http://www.samsung.com/pt/consumer/monitor-peripherals-printer/notebook/high-performance/NP700G7C-S01PT

adeldaoud, what options do you have available in the Nvidia control panel?

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Samsung 700G7C and 3D Vision?
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 10:48 

Thanks for the input guys.

First, so the Nvidia emitter needs to be connected in ordet for me to see the 3d vision settings in the Nvidia control panel? It is currently not connected. I need to go buy the 3d vision kit - but they give full refund within a week of return.

Second, yes it seems that the 700G7C has optimus. BUT, according to this http://3dvision-blog.com/5532-nvidia-op ... -together/ one should be able to do 3d vision IF the laptop has 120hz. I cite:

"So if you plan on using your laptop with 3DTV Play or 3D Vision and the laptop itself does not come with a built-in 120Hz display and it does not have the HDMI port attached to the GeForce GPU, then unfortunately you will have to do without Optimus technology"

Thirdly, I have attached some print screens for you to see my current settings.

Fourthly, I made the following observation during the installation of the GPU drivers: the drivers for the GTX 675M Graphics is only in BETA. This might be one limitation. Another things is that when extraxting the installation file, it does not have any folder for Nvidia 3d vision which drivers for other Nvidia GPU's seems to have. So my I question if there is actually any driver support for the GTX 675M Graphics currently.

What are your suggestions?

Attachments:
physx - two GPU.jpg [230.11 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
monitor asset manager - with new INF.jpg [494.12 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
120 refresh.jpg [236.11 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 14:29 
Site Admin

You are seeing more than just the 3D Settings menu and that is a good sign, usually on laptops with Optimus that can't do 3D Vision you only see the 3D Settings options available. I still haven't seen a laptop with Optimus support working with 3D Vision, though Nvidia claims that there are some models that should do.

Have you installed the 3D Vision drivers separately? It is to be expected that they are not bundled with the laptop as it does not support 3D Vision officially. After installing them you'll probably get the Stereoscopic 3D options in the Nvidia Control Panel, but you'd be able to only select anaglyph 3D mode. You'd need an IR emitter connected in order to be able to activate the 120Hz 3D mode along with an EDID override driver that will tell the drivers that you actually have a compatible 3D display. With all this it might work out well, but it might not as well... so before actually getting an IR emitter try installing the 3D Vision Drivers (you can get the installer form another driver).

Also, before experimenting with different EDID override drivers I would ask you to please post the one from your laptop's display here (the original one, so if you've already nstlled some other please remove it first and restart before saving the INF): http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2388

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 15:30 

I have now installed the 3d drivers seperately (from different GPU installers), restarted win, but still no progress - that is, no 3d vision settings appear in Nvidia control panel. Might it be an idea to experiment with different EDID drivers do you think? Or is it a lost cause...

Any other ideas?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 15:31 

I will also upload my oridignal screen drivers as requested asap

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 16:59 
Site Admin

What driver version do you have with the laptop and which one did you instal the 3D Vision drivers from?

Even without changing the EDID you should see the settings for Stereoscopic 3D, though you will be only able to enable anaglyph 3D.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 17:40 

I have the 304.79 drivers, this one http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/46457

The installation finishes but with the error message:

Error
"This laptop's panel is not qualified for 3D Vision"

And then no changes in the Nvidia control panel.

One thing which is strange: I have installed the

Attachments:
Acer-HN274H-B-3D-Monitor-EDID-Override.inf [3.01 KiB]
Downloaded 331 times
new INF works.jpg [303.77 KiB]
Not downloaded yet