All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Toshiba Qosmio query
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2011, 07:02 

Hi All 3D experts,

I have a query for this-
http://3dvision-blog.com/toshiba-qosmio ... -tracking/

I want to know-
what video types are supported on it?- Side By Side, Over under, Frame sequential or any other specific
What format it supports?- mpeg, mp4, wmv, etc
What technology it is using, I read it has Face Api like system which detects users face position and displays 3d accordingly. How it will be used if more then 2 peoples want to see 3D?

Help me I want to buy it but need to know all above before buying.
Rahu

Post subject: Re: Toshiba Qosmio query
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2011, 20:31 

note - this applies to the US model apparently the Japanese (+S.E. Asia??) import is different.

Out of the box it only plays 3D blu-ray !

But with this brilliant piece of software (http://3dvision-blog.com/screen-mode-ch ... d-laptops/) you can play side:side or row:interleaved 3D files in any video player. This may also work with games but we haven't tested it.

The eye/face tracking system seems simple (it displays a diagnostic box showing the view form the webcam and the face it has found) but seems to work if you don't move around too much.

Once it has locked onto a person it will track them even if somebody else moves into view. If it loses lock it generally finds the same person again but I haven't investigated exactly what it's doing.

It doesn't track 3D for two people, you can either look over the other user's shoulder or try and position yourself at a multiple of their angle to the screen so you can see another pair of barriers - but really it's a single user system.

3D is probably not as good as a passive system like the LG laptop for watching movies but the ability to do 3D without glasses is impressive for some people.