All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: G73JW 3D and three monitor?
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2011, 16:26 

I have the Asus G73JW 3D. I'm studying how to put three monitors on this computer. It seems the best option would be to use the Matrox TripleHead2Go. They have two versions, one for DVI (3x 1680x1050 57hz) and another for DisplayPort (3x 1920x1080 50hz). I have found this forum that it is impossible to put 3d on the monitors. My big question is this: In the wikipedia says that the maximum resolution for the HDMI 1.4 is 3840 x 2160p (HD Quad) at 24 Hz, will I be able to pass a resolution of 5040x1050? Is there any advantage in buying the model DisplayPort? Thank you all.

Post subject: Re: G73JW 3D and three monitor?
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2011, 21:50 
Site Admin

I suppose you are going to be building a three monitor setup for playing games, right? If so, then I'd recommend you to go for a desktop PC with powerful GPU(s) as the video card on this laptop is barely powerful enough for most games on one display, let alone to provide enough fps for three monitor setup... with two GTX 580s in SLI you should be quite ready for three monitors in 3D using 3D Vision Surround.

You will be needing display port or DVI, you won't be able to make a proper multi-monitor setup over just a single HDMI output, it is just too limiting in terms of bandwidth that it can supply, it will not work with adapters as well, so don't go thinking that HDMI to DVI adapter will do the job for example.

Profile WWW