All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Asus K53SV- 3d vision
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2011, 07:05 

Hi All,

I purchased Asus K53SV notebook for my 3D vision, with Geforce GT 540M and Intel graphics working together. 4 GB of RAM, Processor i7 2630 QM 2 GHz, DOS mode.
Very unfortunate that after installing windows 7 home premium and latest VGA drivers from both ASUS and nvidia i am not able to see Display and stereoscopic 3D setup in my nvidia control panel. For the nvidia driver 275.50 i need to modified the inf file that i did successfully for installation.
But I am not able to get display and stereoscopic 3D menus in nvidia cp.

someone please help me on it.
rahu

Post subject: Re: Asus K53SV- 3d vision
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2011, 10:29 
Site Admin

On some laptops using Nvidia's Optimus technology you are just not able to make it work due to the nature of the way the technology works, if the VGA/HDMI video outputs are attached to the integrated Intel graphics and not to the Nvidia GPU, then you are unfortunately out of luck. So be careful when choosing an Optimus enabled laptop...

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Asus K53SV- 3d vision
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2011, 13:18 

But they should write this short of details in specifications. How can they fool peoples trust specifications given on their website.

It is very bad thing i will never ever suggest any one by new notebook with this technology and will not suggest any one to buy ASUS notebook if they will not reply to my issue i posted in support. And trust me it will be big loss as i am testing some notebooks for a big order of my companies client. where i have to recommend them a good solution for 3D video play back.

thanks for your suggestion and reply Bloody.
Rahu