All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Asus vg278H 3d Issues
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2013, 01:49 

hello,

I've has this monitor a few years and just recently (a few days) I've been having issues where the monitor would disappear.
Ex: in the nvidia control panel the ancor entry would vanish and I'd be stuck with 3v vision discover, which doesn't work for this monitor
I'd either need to reboot the box or power cycle the monitor to reset 3d capability

The only time I have issues is when I'm trying to run a 3d game, 3d movies display as expected (so far at least)
Any 2d material, such as games, videos, win desktop apps etc work as expected.
I'm running 2x gt560ti in sli, win 7 x64 and the latest whql nvidia drivers. connection is via a dvi cable. I tried a hdmi connection and it worked as long as I could stand the 24 fps refresh rate, even though the monitor is rated for 120 hz

The problem appeared when I tried to install and run Crysis 3.

any ideas on what is going on here?

Post subject: Re: Asus vg278H 3d Issues
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2013, 14:13 
Site Admin

I don't think it is something directly related to Crysis, but you can try to remove it to see if this will change anything.

To me it seems that there could be something wrong with the monitor cable, as apparently the EDID information about the display is not transmitted and thus Windows does not know what is the monitor anymore and the drivers disable the 3D Vision as they do not know you have a 3D-capable monitor with built-in 3D Vision IR emitter.

You can also try to install an EDID override for that monitor, the INF file is posted here in the forum, so that it will always be recognized as a compatible display, but this is more of a temporary fix until you find what is causing the problem...

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Asus vg278H 3d Issues
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2013, 03:58 

Make sure you're using the Dual-Link DVI cable provided in the monitor box. You'd probably have problems if you're using one not specifically made for the monitor. Other than that, I've had a few problems similar to that in the past, due to specific driver versions of the Nvidia Control Panel. Make sure you're using the latest driver available.