All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: HN274H amd turning off the 3d
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2013, 02:35 

Hey everyone.

I just received an HN274H Bbmiiid monitor and I'm having a lot of problems with it. What I'd really like to be able to do is turn off the 3d setting (it defaults to on atm) and just use it as a nice 120 Hz monitor.

It's currently connected with a DL-DVI cable to an HD7970, running at 120 Hz. I've spent hours trying to figure out a way to toggle the 3d settings off with no luck. I can't find anything useful in the catalyst control center, and there's no useful documentation provided by acer.

I also can't get any of the buttons on monitor (besides the power button) to work. I know the buttons are supposed to be touch sensitive and located between the power button and the acer logo in the bottom right bezel area, but I've tapped every square inch of this thing with no response.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas? I've talked to acer tech support, but they won't get back to me until Monday.

Thanks!

nyarnell

Post subject: Re: HN274H amd turning off the 3d
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2013, 11:27 
Site Admin

What do you man by the 3D mode is on by default?

You need software to enable the 3D mode of the monitor or at least to use HDMI 1.4 frame packaging to activate it automatically, or you mean that it is acting as if receiving Side by Side input, but you are feeding it with 3D image? If the touch buttons are not working properly (just in case another person should try them) you might need to get the unit repaired or replaced.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2013, 01:43 

Bloody wrote:
What do you man by the 3D mode is on by default?

You need software to enable the 3D mode of the monitor or at least to use HDMI 1.4 frame packaging to activate it automatically, or you mean that it is acting as if receiving Side by Side input, but you are feeding it with 3D image? If the touch buttons are not working properly (just in case another person should try them) you might need to get the unit repaired or replaced.

I've uploaded a short video of what my monitor looks like out of the box: http://youtu.be/E-gt2MQr7ws

There's a little bit of flickering from my camera re-focusing, but you can see everything flickering back and forth. I haven't activated 3d settings anywhere in software, and I'm not feeding it a 3d image. So if this isn't 3d, is the monitor just broken and in need of replacement?

Thanks for your help!

nyarnell

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2013, 13:40 
Site Admin

Well, it really seems that there is something wrong with the monitor...

Just in case you might want to try feeding it with a signal from another computer or a device to make sure it is something wrong wth the monitor and is not caused by the computer you are currently using.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2013, 01:57 

I've tried just about everything now in terms of swapping cables / using known good configurations of cables, and I'm pretty sure the monitor is defective. The documentation that comes with the monitor does say that flickering can occur under different circumstances like low ambient temperatures and before the monitor has 'warmed up', but I've had netflix running on the thing for hours without the flickering ever really going away. Very recently the flickering has improved somewhat, with even a few seconds of clarity here and there, but overall it's just kind of broken.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if I could access the OSD and run the auto adjustment it might fix the problem, but none of the three people I've had try to make it work have had any success. I've started the process of talking to tech support.

Thanks again for your suggestions and help. I'll update the thread once I'm able to return the monitor / solve the problem.

nyarnell