All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 17:28 

sam75 wrote:
Sorry, where can I find this in the Nvidia Control Panel. Please note that I'm using the latest Nvidia driver 310.90. Please guide me through.
Why do people want to watch movies Side-By-Side (SBS)? Cant we have full one screen 3d movie?

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/Monit ... splay3.jpg
But you don't need 3D Vision to watch SBS, just select Side-by-Side in monitor's 3d menu.
If you want to watch Blu-ray 3D movies, you must download blu-ray ISO images, mount them via any CD/DVD/BD emulator (e.g. Daemon Tools) and use TotalMedia Theatre or PowerDVD as a videplayer.

Zeros and ones are everything - execute me!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 19:58 

Mikanoshi wrote:
sam75 wrote:
Please advise as i'm getting so upset that I feel like throwing this GPU and going for ATI.

No, no, nVidia forever! :D
Do you have 3D Vision options available in nvidia control panel? What films are you trying to view? Over/Under / Side-By-Side?
3D vision is only required for Blu-ray 3D movies in frame sequential mode

Should u be able to adjust 3d depth for full 3d blurays in nvidia control panel? All I can check using edid file is the stereoscopic view and change hz to 24hz ofcourse.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 20:02 

Mikanoshi wrote:
Cannot make TotalMedia Theatre 5 play BD3D ISO image with override drivers, maybe it needs something else? Did someone have any luck with Blu-ray 3D?

Update: It works :) PowerDVD 12 shows 3D immediately after installation, but for TotalMedia Theatre I had to reinstall video/3d vision drivers AFTER TMT installation.

Probably have something similar. I installed powerdvd and tmt5 3d stopped working. Now powerdvd 3d works but it looks worse than in tmt5 I believe so hope tmt5 starts working after reinstall of new graphics drivers for nvidia.
My comp also crashes a lot trying to force 3d. So I hope reinstall will makeit work ok again.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 00:23 

@maxkill
Don't know about 3D depth, TMT has its own depth slider and it didn't work in any movie I've watched. I think it's not possible to change depth for Blu-ray 3D at all.
Were is that 24hz option? :shock: Acer EDID override driver has 120hz refresh rate available, 60hz per eye in FS mode. If your monitor supports 120hz, you should definitely use it (monitor must be connected via Display port or Dual-Link DVI).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 07:21 

Mikanoshi wrote:
sam75 wrote:
Sorry, where can I find this in the Nvidia Control Panel. Please note that I'm using the latest Nvidia driver 310.90. Please guide me through.
Why do people want to watch movies Side-By-Side (SBS)? Cant we have full one screen 3d movie?

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/Monit ... splay3.jpg
But you don't need 3D Vision to watch SBS, just select Side-by-Side in monitor's 3d menu.
If you want to watch Blu-ray 3D movies, you must download blu-ray ISO images, mount them via any CD/DVD/BD emulator (e.g. Daemon Tools) and use TotalMedia Theatre or PowerDVD as a videplayer.

When I attempt to set the 3D display I get the 2 images overlapping on both eyes so I got the error message " when using the first option as "Discover Glasses". I'm thinking of downloading the driver 285.38 and will let you know what happened.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 11:55 

sam75 wrote:
When I attempt to set the 3D display I get the 2 images overlapping on both eyes so I got the error message " when using the first option as "Discover Glasses". I'm thinking of downloading the driver 285.38 and will let you know what happened.

There should be another option in list, not only "Discover Glasses". EDID override driver works fine on 310.90 for me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 13:36 

Mikanoshi wrote:
sam75 wrote:

There should be another option in list, not only "Discover Glasses". EDID override driver works fine on 310.90 for me.

@Mikanoshi- Yes, the other options can not be used which are as follows : USB IR Emitter & Glasses , Wired Glasses & Pro Hub & Glasses" . Please advise which glasses are you using?
I will not update the driver until you come back. Thanks

I'm using glasses that came with the monitor and below are the specs:
Code : SSG-M3050GB
Part Code : BN96-21457A

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 15:00 

sam75 wrote:
the other options can not be used which are as follows : USB IR Emitter & Glasses , Wired Glasses & Pro Hub & Glasses"

I don't have any of those options! Only "3D Vision Discover" and "Acer 3D LCD 120hz".
Glasses model is irrelevant. If you don't have Acer 3D option that means 3D vision driver didn't recognize monitor with new EDID.
Make sure a EDID override driver is installed, reinstall 310.90 and reboot.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 10:48 

Mikanoshi wrote:
sam75 wrote:
the other options can not be used which are as follows : USB IR Emitter & Glasses , Wired Glasses & Pro Hub & Glasses"

I don't have any of those options! Only "3D Vision Discover" and "Acer 3D LCD 120hz".
Glasses model is irrelevant. If you don't have Acer 3D option that means 3D vision driver didn't recognize monitor with new EDID.
Make sure a EDID override driver is installed, reinstall 310.90 and reboot.

@Mikanoshi,
I tried to set it up but still there is an issue with the Monitor not "recognized by Nvidia" as it is taking it as Samsung as per the attached screen shots.
Apparently Windows "Delete" update through the Device Manager is not updating it through Nvidia. There should be another way unless I will need to format the whole C Drive to achieve this.
During the step up, I tricked it by choosing the Triangle for the left image and for the right the Hexagon (or vice versa), so I went through but the 3d images that I were blury (ghosty) which I have also attached.

Please help.
Thank you for your patience.
Sam

Attachments:
GXT 660TI.pdf [348.33 KiB]
Downloaded 368 times

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 11:42 

Try this driver:
viewtopic.php?p=10335#p10335

In Device Manager it will be like this:
Acer HN274H B (ACR02B4 EDID Override)

Profile WWW  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next