All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 01:53 

Cannot make TotalMedia Theatre 5 play BD3D ISO image with override drivers, maybe it needs something else? Did someone have any luck with Blu-ray 3D?

Update: It works :) PowerDVD 12 shows 3D immediately after installation, but for TotalMedia Theatre I had to reinstall video/3d vision drivers AFTER TMT installation.

Zeros and ones are everything - execute me!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2012, 22:13 

Hey,

I've got an Samsung s27a750 connected with DP to an nvidia 660 TI.
I'm on windows 8.
I've tried these EDID's:
- Acer HR274H 3D Monitor EDID Override
- Zalman 3D Monitor EDID Override

But so far no luck, I can't play Battlefield 3 in 3D.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2012, 02:09 

It won't work in windows 8. But Windows 8 has it's own native 3d support. I don't know how it all works (I hope it's Frame Sequential), but if a modified inf which is compatible with it is made then I hope we can bypass the Nvidia bullcrap.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 59098.aspx

(Section on Graphics INF Requirements)

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2012, 05:43 

Rutgerb wrote:
Hey,

I've got an Samsung s27a750 connected with DP to an nvidia 660 TI.
I'm on windows 8.
I've tried these EDID's:
- Acer HR274H 3D Monitor EDID Override
- Zalman 3D Monitor EDID Override

But so far no luck, I can't play Battlefield 3 in 3D.

You need the first patch in order to play Battlefield 3 in 3D. Without the BF3 update 1, you won't be able to play it. Follow my walkthrough in my next post to enable 3D Vision in Windows 8 with all supported games.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2012, 06:11 

How to enable 3D Vision in Windows 8 (edid override ):

1. Download Acer-HN274H, Asus or BenQ XL2420T inf drivers (I highly recommend you Acer ones)
2. When you are in Windows 8 desktop press Windows Key + R to make the 'Run' command appear
3. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
4. Click the "OK" button
5. System will now restart to a "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Troubleshoot" from the "Choose an option" screen
7. Select "Advanced options" from the "Troubleshoot" screen
8. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from the "Advanced options" screen
9. Click the "Restart" button
10. System will restart to the "Advanced Boot Options" screen
11. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
12. Once the system starts, go to Device Manager<Display<Update<Manual Update<I have a disk and select your preferred inf drivers (Acer, Asus or BenQ)
13. Go to the Nvidia Control Panel and select 3D stereoscopic options: enable the 3D stereoscopic and follow the Nvidia wizard. When prompted, turn on your Samsung 3D glasses and do all the tests (left eye, right eye, images testing).
14. Exit the Nvidia wizard and set your preferred 3D depth (0-100%). Press 'Apply' and exit the Nvidia Control Panel.
15. Install your preferred video games among the over 600 titles currently supported (the full list appears in the Nvidia Control Panel under the games compatibility section).
16. Play.

P.S. You have to press the 3D button on your Samsung display many times during the gameplay because it shutdowns very frequently. So you have to press the 3D button again and again after every shutdown, and then select the 'Frame Sequential' mode. Adjust your preferred 'L/R Change' to fit your eyes and enjoy your games! Also make sure that you enable the Advanced Short Keys in the Nvidia Control Panel 3D Stereoscopic Options: those will make you adjust the 3D convergence with CTRL+F6 and CTRL+F5 and all the text will be readable when you play.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 08:43 

Thanks italianboy82 for the tips :)

Is there a way to prevent the monitor from switching off while gaming?

I read some posts saying that the monitors only shuts down when 3D is turned off.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2012, 01:08 

aouniat wrote:
Thanks italianboy82 for the tips :)

Is there a way to prevent the monitor from switching off while gaming?

I read some posts saying that the monitors only shuts down when 3D is turned off.

Cheers.

for the moment we don't have any solutions to that issue. Have to wait for upcoming display .inf and maybe one of them can fix the shutting down.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2013, 16:33 

Not sure if it's been posted already since I haven't read every page, but I found that under the 3D Vision settings if I set 3D Vision to always be enabled (instead of only when in game, or when full screen) I get fewer monitor shutdowns...I still get them on occasion, but it happens way less.

It's odd, I can get 3D Vision to work in games no problem, but when I try watching my Avengers 3D bluray in Powerdvd 12 it doesn't seem to work (no matter what I see the horrible overlay/crosstalk) and TMT 5 just stays black and my screen starts to glitch...not sure if it's because I am running DVI-D or not...it should work?

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2013, 00:40 

majnu wrote:
It won't work in windows 8. But Windows 8 has it's own native 3d support. I don't know how it all works (I hope it's Frame Sequential), but if a modified inf which is compatible with it is made then I hope we can bypass the Nvidia bullcrap.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 59098.aspx

(Section on Graphics INF Requirements)

From the document: "Stereoscopic 3D will be enabled only on systems that have all the components that are stereoscopic 3D capable. These include 3D-capable display hardware, graphics hardware, peripherals, and software applications. "

I've noticed when playing with my display a month back that it said enable 3D or something, then I checked the NVIDIA CP and 3D was enabled. When I disabled it at the display settings, NVIDIA's CP disabled 3D. It sounds like that Windows 8 isn't supporting it's OWN 3D but the OS itself supports 3D by using graphics card, peripherals as said in the document. So it MAY sound like that it was bypass 'NVIDIA bullcrap' unfortunately.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 07:20 

Gents,
Seek help, I would like to purchase SAMSUNG S27A950D though have read several issues relating to Nvidia GPU (have GTX 660TI) not working well with this monitor.

Please advise/provide solution to the following:

a) If I don't have the 3d Nvidia glasses, can I see 3D movies using Samsung glasses?

b) Do I have to use edid override to use the Samsung 3 D glasses or this is only meant for Nvidia glasses?

Im currently using Windows 7 Pro.

Please help.

Thank you.
:cry: :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next