All times are UTC + 2 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2012, 03:20 

Joined:
29 Sep 2012, 13:45
Posts: 7
Location: Istanbul
Mikanoshi wrote:
Drivers won't solve the monitor shutdown problem, because it is not their problem at all, but a side effect of EDID override.


Yes. Plus, it affects other software while 3d vision is activated. Programs start to perform slower with edid override drivers, if 3d vision is activated.
I disable 3d vision when i don't use 3d.


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012, 12:57 

Joined:
18 Oct 2012, 12:18
Posts: 4
Hey,
I dont know whether or not you guys can help me, but if you could, I would be forever grateful :)

I have used both the Acer HN274H-B and ASUS VG278 EDID overrides for Nvidia 3D with my S27A750D monitor and the 3D does work in Frame Sequential, but I have a terrible ghosting as if I can actually see double vision, if you know what I mean. This only occurs on one side in my right eye however. This happens with all my games and the 3D test too.

I have experimented with other inf overrides, also switching between HDMI (which I dont want to do) and DP (which I do) as well but no luck. Still the same out of sync ghosting imaging which could give you a headache. The monitor does switch off for me when going out of 3D mode too, and it would bother me if I could get 3D working...

Have any ideas?

PS: Using a GTX 670 FTW - Watercooled and overlocked with Windows 8


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012, 13:41 
User avatar

Joined:
07 Oct 2012, 17:58
Posts: 20
Location: Russia
The only reliable way to reduce ghosting I'm aware of is setting monitor's "Response time" to Normal.

_________________
My Rig

Zeros and ones are everything - execute me!


 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012, 13:47 

Joined:
18 Oct 2012, 12:18
Posts: 4
Its a double vision sort of ghosting which only effects one eye.

Problem is, when I switch to 3D and sequential mode on the display, it doesnt give me the option of changing the response time to normal as the option is grayed out :S


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012, 14:23 
User avatar

Joined:
07 Oct 2012, 17:58
Posts: 20
Location: Russia
vanntomu wrote:
it doesnt give me the option of changing the response time to normal as the option is grayed out :S

Change it in 2D mode)

_________________
My Rig

Zeros and ones are everything - execute me!


 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012, 14:28 

Joined:
18 Oct 2012, 12:18
Posts: 4
I did try that, but it didnt help one bit... :(
To explain...

Image

Image

I really dont understand it..
thanks for your quick replies and time :)


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012, 17:57 

Joined:
18 Oct 2012, 12:18
Posts: 4
Original
Image
Left eye
Image
Right eye
Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012, 20:15 

Joined:
21 Feb 2012, 04:32
Posts: 23
Umut wrote:
Mikanoshi wrote:
Drivers won't solve the monitor shutdown problem, because it is not their problem at all, but a side effect of EDID override.


Yes. Plus, it affects other software while 3d vision is activated. Programs start to perform slower with edid override drivers, if 3d vision is activated.
I disable 3d vision when i don't use 3d.


I get that also, I wonder if it directly affects the games performance whilst in 3D mode.

@vanntomu what cable are you using? I assume DVI-D. Also what O/S are you running on? Try setting the refresh rate to something else as there is an option after the Wizzard has finished. Also try pairing your 3d glasses to the monitor again and pressing the button on the glasses once more to enable sync with the monitor. Have you also set frame sequential on the monitor?


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 15:50 

Joined:
29 Sep 2012, 13:45
Posts: 7
Location: Istanbul
@vanntomu

it's because of 3d glasses supplied with the monitor. I have the "right eye ghosting" issue too.
There is a thread about this problem in tridef's forum(3d vision and tridef's ghosting problem source is the same) :

http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 033c2ba533


We have to try 3d vision 2 glasses and the latest samsung M3750CR glasses with this monitor. Since 3d vision 2 system has its own transmitter/receiver,
i think it may provide less ghosting. (There's no active 3d monitor without any 3d ghosting/crosstalk, they are just unnoticable)


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Samsung S27A950D 3d VISION(edid override) SHUTDOWN PROBL
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2012, 14:17 

Joined:
21 Feb 2012, 04:32
Posts: 23
Umut wrote:
@vanntomu

it's because of 3d glasses supplied with the monitor. I have the "right eye ghosting" issue too.
There is a thread about this problem in tridef's forum(3d vision and tridef's ghosting problem source is the same) :

http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 033c2ba533


We have to try 3d vision 2 glasses and the latest samsung M3750CR glasses with this monitor. Since 3d vision 2 system has its own transmitter/receiver,
i think it may provide less ghosting. (There's no active 3d monitor without any 3d ghosting/crosstalk, they are just unnoticable)


That's not true. I have the original 3d glasses which came bundled with the samsung sa7000 and my response time is set to faster and I get no ghosting as shown in the pics above. Maybe he should try swopping the LR 3d image from the monitor's 3d menu.


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: