All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Acer HN274HBbmiiid strange 3D pb
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 08:58 
Site Admin

Not sure when they started producing a new revision to fix this issue, but it seems that the initial run of these monitors that had the problem are still on the market, so apparently no recall has been issued for them... and that is coupled with not so good availability of the display in some regions like mine, so no replacement yet.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 04:23 

Man I just got this monitor for 350€ with shipping and it also suffers from the mentioned panel issue. Vertical lines when running 3d mode, it really looks like it's rendering with half the native resolution.
I read a lot of comments regarding this issue and I just can't believe that it's a manufacturing fault. I'm afraid that this is the actual hardware-panel-state for this model and just a few buyers notice the low quality panel as they have no comparison. Already told the seller about the problem and I should get a new one until monday. Let's hope the new one has a good panel as I will otherwise take the refund and reconnect my old monitor instead ;)

The picture shows cleary the annoying vertical lines, they are even more pronounced in real life.

Attachments:
Issue.jpg [169.6 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 23:56 

I also bought the monitor from Amazon for that price.
The replacement arrived today. It has the same issue. This is not a defect. Apparently this monitor is designed to have alternating vertical lines in 3D mode. It's like having the resolution of a passive monitor, only with the flicker of the shutter glasses.
What's bothering me the most is the fact that no reviewer noticed this. This monitor got great scores in reviews, but no one even mentions that the resolution is halved in 3D mode.
I'm returning it. Too bad, the offer was really good, but the picture quality is unacceptable. Back to my 2233RZ for now.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 00:05 
Site Admin

nandroltom, can you please check the production date on the back of the new one you've received?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 08:48 

Also December 2011. I have the feeling they stopped production after that date.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 10:15 
Site Admin

If they did not produce after that date the monitors should not be available anymore on the market, they probably did not issue a recall of the problematic units from the first production batches... and if somebody got more from the first units the are still selling them and haven't ordered new fixed ones. With that said it is just information that I've got, I still haven't seen a fixed unit that does not have the problem, neither a one produced later than the end of last year.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 15:22 

That's a shame really, I hope mine will be a fixed one but I doubt it, replacement should arrive today. I'll be back, and inform you ;)

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2012, 11:47 

I just bought this monitor when it was on sale at Amazon.de last week. Sadly I have the same issue and thought it was normal. Good thing I found this thread.

Now the problem is Amazon won't replace it. I can get my money back and buy the monitor for double the price I paid again.

Did anyone contact Acer to see if they offer some kind of repair service?

edit: I did mail it now to Acer. Hopefully they can repair it. If not I hope that I can still return it to Amazon.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012, 21:50 

I have the same issue on my screen :

https://picasaweb.google.com/1063354331 ... directlink

Amazon send me a new screen but same issue (manufactured in november 2011 too).

:evil:

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012, 23:08 

I am still not convinced that this is really an error. It might be that it's normal behavior of the screen. Well mine is still undergoing "repairs" at Acer. I haven't heard from them yet, so I'm not sure if they will replace it, or mail it back with a message: "working like intended"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next