All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Acer HN274HBbmiiid strange 3D pb
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 21:38 

hi,
I recently got this new LCD (Santa Claus is awesome) :) and I would like to ask fellow members of this forum a question about a strange, i will say,"feeling" about playing recent 3D games (batman, Skyrim) with it.
My previous monitor was this one : Acer GD245HQbid so I'm refering to my gaming experience with it to compare.
For the both I use Dual DVI cable linked to a GTX480 card and I am playing 120Hz 1920*1080
Here is my problem (if it is...) : with the Acer 27, when in 3d, the image look like vertical black lines are interlaced with normal lines. It s not "obvious" black lines, but rather like ghostly blackline, like a net, all over the screen. It happens for background object and seems to disappear a little on front object...It really strikes me the first game I started (batman).
I'm not sure I have seen that on my Acer 24 and if yes it never ever bother me like it did immediatly on the Acer 27.

Is someone knowing what I m talking about ? Is it normal ? Is it fixable ? (I m sorry I m not very precise and english is not my natural language)

Thanks for your help

Rgrds

Post subject: Re: Acer HN274HBbmiiid strange 3D pb
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 13:51 
Site Admin

You have exactly the same problem as the Acer HN274H B test unit I've received...

I'm assuming it is a defective unit having some issue with the LCD panel, you should get a replacement.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 14:21 

Thanks for your response Bloody. That is hurting bad. I am french and felt lucky at the time to order this unit on fews left on Amazon.de...it will be not very easy to get replacement unit ... However two units with the same problem can be called feature...how can be sure...

Can you tell me how you can describe the phenomenom in few correct english words plz because I guess they will not have patience to understand my fuzzy language...
Thanks for your help...

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 14:30 

One thing I have noticed Bloody is when playing a 3D games without 3D activated (CTRL+T) but THROUGH glasses, the image appears ok if the glasses are not activated and the problem appears if I keep pushed the button on the side of the glasses (the one that start 3D with the glasses). When I release this button, the image is ok again.
I have tested this scenario with the 3DVision 1 and 2 type of glasses and with both of them the same problem appears (lit seams however less visible with the first version of glasses).

Does it mean soemthing to you ?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 14:34 

It means you should get the Asus VG278H insteed as it's the best monitor ever made ;)

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 14:57 

If I could get a refund why not. But I'm really eager to understand what is happening here and if a workaround can be done.
The glasses evidence I noticed above may suggest that the problem is the emitter. As I already have the Nvidia 1 emitter somewhere on my desk I could try it (I just have to fiugre how to disable acer emitter) to see if the problem occurs again... As the lightboost tehcnology is owned by the screen, it could work...if the problem is here of course...Bloody does it sound like a solution to you ?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 15:26 
Site Admin

It is a panel issue that pretty much appears when working in stereo 3D mode, but I doubt that it is something related to the implementation of Lightboost, the monitor seems to exhibit the same issue when running in 120Hz 2D mode for very fast moving objects (visible only on the fast moving objects).

If you are getting a replacement unit it will be good to check for the presence of the same issue before taking it home, just in case, otherwise going for a refund and getting Asus VG278H isn't a bad idea either... ;)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 16:01 

In fact I was mentionning Lightboost tech to note that even if I use an external emitter, i will keep this tech available. I have not experienced fast moving object in 2D so I couldn' tell but I can stop thinking about the emitter problem.
Quote:
when playing a 3D games without 3D activated (CTRL+T) but THROUGH glasses, the image appears ok if the glasses are not activated and the problem appears if I keep pushed the button on the side of the glasses (the one that start 3D with the glasses). When I release this button, the image is ok again.

I absolutly have to find a local solution because I ordered this screen onthe site amazon.de and i live in south of France. So testing before bringing back the screen to home will be a hard task :lol:
My option are :
- Guess that it s the emitter that is causing pb => test external emitter and disable the screen one (how ?)
- Guess that it s a frequencyproblem => test at 100 Hz
- Test with a PS3 to see if it happens too => software related or not ?
- Test with specific screen settings (brightness/contrast)
- Sell back the screen on ebay...

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 16:27 

Amazon has really great return and refund policy when it comes to defected products.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 16:50 

Yes I don't doubt that but :
- I m not 100% sure that it s a problem but a very unwelcome "feature"
- the german language is a real problem :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next