All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: LG HD 3DTV for Gaming ?
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2013, 11:34 

Hello fellow members,
I am new here and and a bit of a noob when it comes to 3D stuff :P

I recently bought the LG 42LA6620 Cinema 3D HDTV
http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-42LA6620

I tried a few 3d movies and really loved it, now am thinking of Using it for playing games in 3D and as it only supports interlaced passive 3D im a bit confused.

I tried the native 2D-3D mode but the effects in game were almost non existent, so i tried Tridef which was quite good compared to the native 2D-3D conversion(But i had to reverse interleave to get better results, probably because my right eye is the dominant one :P )

I basically want to buy a new GPU which is beastly enough for 1080p 3D gaming but its completely dependent on what i will use with my games to play them in 3D.

I have heard about the AMD HD3D aka Tridef and Nvidia's 3D Vision.

Which of these would be a better choice considering my TV's capabilities.

Am really confused to what is the best way to use my TV for 3D gaming.

It woudl be really helpful if you guys could help me out in making a wise decision here :)

Post subject: Re: LG HD 3DTV for Gaming ?
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013, 15:18 
Site Admin

What is your current video card?

If you have a compatible Nvidia graphics you can use the 3DTV play software over HDMI 1.4 interface, the problem with it however is that it adds a bit of input lag due to the need for additional processing and that is not very good for gaming. This is usually good for active 3D displays, but on passive due to the interface limitations you cannot get 1080p at 60Hz, 1080p 3D over HDMI 1.4 is limited to 24Hz per eye.

There is a workaround to make passive 3D displays work with Nvidia's Optimized for GeForce program (same functionality as 3D Vision, but on passive 3D displays), I've described what you need to do here: http://3dvision-blog.com/7163-make-your-passive-3d-monitor-or-3d-hdtv-work-with-3d-vision/

Alternatively you can use the TriDef 3D software with direct Row Interleaved output, regardless of the VGA.

Profile WWW