All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: How to watch 3D Movies on 3D TV
PostPosted: 24 May 2013, 19:32 

Hi,
I am planning to buy a 3D TV this week: Sony KDL-32HX750 (Active glasses).
But before doing that I want to understand how can I play 3D movies on it.
I was thinking maybe I could download SBS formatted 3D movies, put it on my external HDD and plug it in to my 3D TV(USB) and play it on.
Does this work? Does SBS format supported on 3D TV's? Do I need it to play it on PC?

I'm new to this & now totally confused. It would be great if someone can help me in this.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: How to watch 3D Movies on 3D TV
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2013, 20:14 

I just got my tv and went through this myself. It isnt as complicated as you think. sbs will work and can be played with any media player over hdmi 1.4a and even lower. My seagate media player is on a 1.3 and it works just fine. So boot up your movie or place your bluray you own into your drive and start it using any media player. When it plays tell the tv its 3d by hitting your 3d button and chose sbs. I reccomend the tridef media player because it has an amazing slider that can turn your videos that arent into 3d into 3d rather well. You dont even need to put the tv into 3d mode just put on your stereo glass's. I use a passive tv so this may differ depending on tv but the tridef media player is dope for this and works with all set ups. I use cyberlink power dvd 10 for my bluray drive for 3d but after purchasing i found out any media player will play the sbs bluray. I suggest buying journey to the center of the earth for your first run. the 3d is superb on it. Enjoy. http://www.tridef.com/products/tv Remember this is only needed if you want to watch normal home videos in 3d as I dont know any other method then this for doing so. The kids will get a kick out of it.