All times are UTC + 2 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 07:47 

Joined:
02 Mar 2012, 04:57
Posts: 2
I actually use my current 61" dlp like a monitor with me sitting about 4 or 5 feet away from it. Would there be any problems with text readability at that distance? Would I be able to notice the gaps between rows at that distance?


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 12:20 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined:
29 Apr 2010, 17:51
Posts: 3148
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
It depends on how good your vision is, just kidding ;)

You would be a bit too close for that size of a passive 3D TV, you need to be at a distance of something like 6-8 feet at least, otherwise you might see the lines when in 3D mode on similar size of a passive 3D HDTV. For a 1080p non 3D TV set something like 6 feet distance should be Ok for 60 inches.


 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 13:41 

Joined:
24 Jul 2011, 22:00
Posts: 26
What a great guide!

I'm glad others have sorted out this issue and made it very easy for others to fix there issue's.

I have a video here for the clear ghosting fix for pc label, this works after the edid mods ;) Edit, see you allready have it linked at avs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQR4h70WNd0

I've been using teh Zalman edid since around september, this mod rocks the socks of me :)

I do'nt se a mention of a Zalman edid so i'll just throw this out there.
The Zalman interleaved modded edid comes with no extension bloc as stock so it clears the colourbug and enables 3d vision.
My 3d interleaved guide here is very basic as i'm no tech :( but it is a very basic proccess.
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=13821

I have links in the above link linking back to this forum :)

It would be nice to know beyond a shadow of a doubt why lg have these issues and other passives do'nt.



vittorio wrote:
Hi!

I too have a bit of colorbug after installing the inf-file and using the LG settings trick. (v-sharpness=55 in expert1 in HD-DVD)

But i found that i get completely colorbug-free by changing backlight or contrast after using the LG settings trick (e.g. using LG settings trick, then change backlight from 100 to 99 and back to 100)!


Thanks alot for your work on investigation and attached inf-file! (and butmunch/mocca for his LG settings trick!)

(LG 55LW659s, GTX470, GeForce 295.73 WHQL, 3DTV Play, Windows 7 32bit)



That's ok, it's a pain in the ass having faulty 3dtv's, The only reason i found the all fixes for all these bugs was because i myself had lg and was on a mission untill it was fixed enough for me to use, time reaps rewards! :)
The info gives people a good base to base of fixes on day one, i never had this and it was such a sad time in my life.
I take it Shii has gotten the info from teh net and used it to better his 3d life without stress :)


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 00:32 
User avatar

Joined:
17 Feb 2012, 22:32
Posts: 17
Location: Russia
Just tested new 04.60.33 firmware. No improvements.


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 09:42 

Joined:
08 Mar 2012, 05:47
Posts: 1
Hello Shii,
Now Iam useing TV LG 42lW4500 and conect with laptop Toshiba optimus technologhy. It contains tow VGA card: Intell HD graphics 3000 and Ndiva geforce GT 525M suport 3D Vison. When I install the colorbug file created follow your construction, the installation was sucessfully but when I restart my laptop and conect it with TV (via HDMI port), there is no signal on TV?? Can you tel me why? maybe my graphic card diffrent yours?


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 18:14 

Joined:
23 Feb 2012, 19:22
Posts: 13
Shii wrote:
Just tested new 04.60.33 firmware. No improvements.


damn! - whats wrong with lg! - no improvements at all??


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 21:24 
User avatar

Joined:
17 Feb 2012, 22:32
Posts: 17
Location: Russia
Hello dovanhung,
Quote:
when I restart my laptop and conect it with TV (via HDMI port)

Are you connecting laptop to TV after restart? It should be connected before inf install and before laptop powering on. I`m not sure how Intel HD graphics 3000 and Nvidia GeForce GT 525M works together.. Maybe drivers or OS problem.

@Hugezilla
No, I did not notice any changes in this firmware. The good news that LG settings trick still works. :)


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 22:00 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined:
29 Apr 2010, 17:51
Posts: 3148
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Laptops that use Nvidia's Optimus technology are not a good choice for stereo 3D use, generally they do not work, although I've been told that apparently some do (I'm yet to see such a model), but they do have to have the HDMI output connected to the Nvidia GPU and not to the integrated one and that kind of defies the whole purpose of the Optimus tech.


 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 15:11 

Joined:
23 Feb 2012, 22:55
Posts: 5
mocca wrote:
That's ok, it's a pain in the ass having faulty 3dtv's, The only reason i found the all fixes for all these bugs was because i myself had lg and was on a mission untill it was fixed enough for me to use, time reaps rewards! :)
The info gives people a good base to base of fixes on day one, i never had this and it was such a sad time in my life.
I take it Shii has gotten the info from teh net and used it to better his 3d life without stress :)


Yes, I have read all your (and i guess skyguy3d) discussions in various forums and i am sorry this was a sad time for you, but glad this resulted in a solution for us to bypass LGs buggy software!

But i wonder, could it be possible to set the default v-sharpness in the LG service menu (for the service technician) for PC mode? Do you know someone already tried this?


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 23:17 

Joined:
24 Jul 2011, 22:00
Posts: 26
vittorio wrote:
mocca wrote:
That's ok, it's a pain in the ass having faulty 3dtv's, The only reason i found the all fixes for all these bugs was because i myself had lg and was on a mission untill it was fixed enough for me to use, time reaps rewards! :)
The info gives people a good base to base of fixes on day one, i never had this and it was such a sad time in my life.
I take it Shii has gotten the info from teh net and used it to better his 3d life without stress :)


Yes, I have read all your (and i guess skyguy3d) discussions in various forums and i am sorry this was a sad time for you, but glad this resulted in a solution for us to bypass LGs buggy software!

But i wonder, could it be possible to set the default v-sharpness in the LG service menu (for the service technician) for PC mode? Do you know someone already tried this?


I did get a service menu remote and went through the menu changing things i should'nt in the search for a colourbug fix or a sharpness setting fix, never found either and risked the life of my tv for it.

If you can unpack the firmware and find teh sharpness values you could flash back a modified firmware.
http://lg-hack.info/
http://openlgtv.org.ru/forum/
Lets hope they fix this for there 2012 passives.


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: