[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 495: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 386: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX - 3D Vision Blog - Forum

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: LG Passive 3DTV colorbug investigation and FIX
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 14:20 

no I am sitting perfectly centered (vertical/horizontal) in front of my tv.

but thats somehow seems to me impossible, you are able to go at 100% detph with zero ghosting??!?! :o

- i mean 100% is of course to high..but i have at 50% with or without convergence some ghosting (some objects/buldings/shadows).

how`s that possible??! - i have connected my pc/tv directly..installed your edid and everything else is working quite good.

could someone give me an advice on this??

kind regards,

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 14:31 

@Hugezilla
Can you test for ghosting in frame-packing 720p60 mode via 3DTV Play or side-by-side via TriDef/DDD? If ghosting disappears, maybe you need to fine-tune Vertical Sharpness for interlaced 3d.

Update: Recorded the video without ghosting and with 100% depth.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 15:41 

thx for your afford and making this video!

I have now tested framepackaging and interleaved again.

In Skyrim the exact same scene you did in your video...at this buldings or town..there is zero ghosting...but if you go inside a shak or in whiterun the dragonsreach temple (there are some round building elements..near the throne) - there is ghosting.

What i think is strange..that when i increase the detph in interleaved mode...the picture is seperating a lot stronger than in framepackaging mode...when i go to 100% detph in skyrim the seperation is that strong..that i can nearly see 2 charakters in front of me..of course its extremley uncomfortable.

- and that only happens when i increase detph...i haven`t touched convergence or something else.

i have made a short-video...does this look the same when you are increasing the detph to 100%?!?!
(thats without glasses of course)

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 16:54 

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 18:00 

thx again - but i have made my test in 1080p 24hz framepackaging..so 720p has nothing to do with it.

ahhh the dark background - thing is something i didn`t know - thank you!

please answer my question about the seperation at 100% detph...when i increase the detph at interleaved mode to 100% every game gets unplayable because of the strong seperation - it`s like i would max convergence, but the value is at standard - like the video shows.

the seperation at 100% is so strong..that it nearly doubles the charakter in skyrim
(100% detph / 0% convergence)

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 18:19 

Sorry, I don`t know english well and I didn`t completly understand your question about depth and image separation. You can see in my video how image separated when I increasing the depth to 100% and YES, image separates very strong with max depth. Anyways, why are you setting depth to such high values? Most games works just fine with default depth. Ideally, with correct depth, object nearest to the camera shouldn`t separate.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 19:35 

it`s not like i want to play with 100% detph...i think its just weird that the image is seperating that much compared with the framepackaged one.

but after some tries..i think the seperation/detph process works different in those two 3D modes, if i set 50% detph at interleaved..its like i am setting 100% in framepackaging.

but you are absolutly right..there is no need playing in such high detph rates...i am only interested in if everything works like it should..and if somehow the 3D quality can be improved.

My questions was only ment for a comparison...so i could see if you have got the same seperation...and if you also see a doubled image (charakter in case of skyrim) at 100% detph..than thats the way it is.

kind regards,

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 04:59 

Hi guys,
I'm really interesting in getting a LG passive 3DTV now that this fix lets you run at 1080@60hz. How easy is it to read text using row interleaving? I'm coming from a checkerboard DLP and I'm worried that text might be hard to read using horizontally interleaved lines.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 20:11 

Thx a lot for this tuto but before do that, for play in 3D interleaves 60hz on lg lw4500, i need to by 3DTVplay from nvidia ???

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 22:24 

@sabrexx

- there is no problem at all with any kind of text, just because the picture is row interlaced..doesnt mean you are able to see those lines - interrupting the text or something else, if you got the proper distance (3m as usual, but depends on screen size) you won`t have a problem reading a text in 2D or 3D mode

@ufo

-yes, you need to buy 3DTV Play or another 3D-Software like TriDef oder iz3D - but i really recommend 3DTV Play, because of the compatibilty of specific games and performance.

3DTV Play is only avaiable for Nvidia GPU`s of course.

kind regards

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next