All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: hi i bought the samsumg PN51D550 model had a queation.
PostPosted: 03 May 2011, 19:29 

hi its me again
was wondering if i picked up a game for the ps3 in 3d will i get 720p 60 hz per eye with this tv(will this tv ever go 120 hz)
and how can i change the dept seems it wont let me..while being on the ps3
does it only work while on the pc(the changing of the dept)
and can i game on the pc in 3d.and watch youtube videos side by side and up and down
also what about older 3d movies in 640p3d

and does this model work with 3d vision....i guess not cause its not the led model but whatever once u own the model thats when you find out wehat really is going out there

if anyone has any comments

the guy at the 2001audio video said its final sale i paid 1400
the 3d is not as good as 3d vision plus the vg asus model

the 2d is ok
is there a difference between active glasses and active shutter glasses/?so many questions...

my main question is that will any plasma operate in 120 hz mode(like 60hzx2 [i guess its frame packing only(you only get the higher resolution)when its labelled 600 hz
subfield?duhhhhhh

i dont think frame packing works at all cause the displays them self cant handle those resolutions well
unless it handles each frame individually then interlace it together or what iam so lost)so confusing figuring out the formats....the interoperability is not fully there it seems.
should of stuck to dual link dvi.but this one is big..
shock value

Last edited by justintime on 04 May 2011, 08:52, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: hi i bought the samsumg PN51D550 model had a queation.
PostPosted: 03 May 2011, 20:38 
Site Admin

You should try it with 3DTV Play, download the 14-day trial version and test if it will work.

You are not able to get 120Hz refresh rate as such, meaning you cannot use 2D mode with 120Hz, however on 720p in 3D with the frame packing you should be able to get 60Hz per eye. It is totally different story if the PS3 will be able to render 60 fps per eye or just 30 ;)

Regarding the depth control in PS3, it is per game basis, so you should check if every game that supports 3D has it and ow you can adjust it. In some such as GT5 it is in the menu and very uncomfortable to readjust and go back to the game to test and then readjust gain...

Side by Side videos are not a problem, you don't need a special player or software, you just need to activate the SbS 3D mode from the TV manually.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: hi i bought the samsumg PN51D550 model had a queation.
PostPosted: 04 May 2011, 03:37 

having another look at it at today on the 3d side besides the ghosting effect
its not that bad after all.
and so is the 2d actually above average
;) :geek: cheers its big 2
im laughing shrek looks awesome in 3d all 4 movies are in 3d wow every single shrek or is it just 3 of them?
christmas charol looks blurry on this samsung which was what got me iffy
my only wish was that i could of bought the one with the higher model.the one with the better color,but that's even more money.
its fast.........the color remains to be desired and the ghosting is annoying but it works...not as good as 3d vision but very similar/less straining/
shrek 4 was awesome
i think its christmas carol itself but shrek is so ghosting as well
otherwise it really is awesome,the 3d dept on shrek 4 at least.thanks guys go for 3d its the way to go.

thanks bloody you have been alot of help
when its on right and not ghosting it really will blow your mind away.
its a pain when its not working in sync with the ps 3 but when it is working right it works pretty well and does the job.

Last edited by justintime on 04 May 2011, 04:48, edited 5 times in total.