All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: BF3 3D vision performance
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2013, 23:08 

Hi guys, I am new here.
So I bought an ASUS VG278H the other day to get into 3D gaming world. The only game I have tried so far is BF3, it looks absolutely amazing with 70+% of 3D depth. but the issue I have is that I only have like 40-45 FPS in SP on maxed out preset,while according to LinusTechTips video on utube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... -2xPTSXm4#!

even the Titan is able to produce more than 60fps (it is 60 constant when nothing moves and nothing blows up, 40 is playable but "choppy" -can't enjoy it. I have tried to change preset to low, even low res. and it does the same thing plus my GPU goes down to 60% of load at a lower res and still not being able to get me 60fps) , I expected more :(. Also I have noticed in game res. setting that I have different res settings to choose from: 119Hz, 110Hz, 100Hz, 99Hz, 60Hz and so on, what number I should go with with my screen, because if I set 50hz i have less choppy gameplay compared to 119. or maybe something prevents me to get most out of my(how do I check it to see if something does) GPU, idk :idea: :cry: need your help

My set up is:

CPU: i7-980 Gulftown 3.33 --> 4.2Ghz
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5
GPU: EVGA GTX690
Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (2 x 4GB)
PSU: CORSAIR Professional Series HX850

Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR dual ch. 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Post subject: Re: BF3 3D vision performance
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2013, 13:03 
Site Admin

Battlefield 3 with all settings maxed out and stereoscopic 3D mode enabled can be quite heavy even on high-end hardware.

Don't forget the fact that in stereo 3D mode you need to have double the framerate, so getting 60 frames in the game in stereo 3D mode means the GPU actually needs to render 120 frames. Check how is the video memory load when you max out the settings in the game.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: BF3 3D vision performance
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 17:20 

Bloody wrote:
Battlefield 3 with all settings maxed out and stereoscopic 3D mode enabled can be quite heavy even on high-end hardware.

Don't forget the fact that in stereo 3D mode you need to have double the framerate, so getting 60 frames in the game in stereo 3D mode means the GPU actually needs to render 120 frames. Check how is the video memory load when you max out the settings in the game.

Will check it today and post it here. I reinstalled Windows yesterday and it seems like it runs better(probably there was some issue in my registry) but MP is still unplayable. Crysis 2 SP runs perfect 60fps constant on maxed out 1080p and Crysis 1 is bugged: water, sky and shadows render incorrectly and make my eyes go crossover... lol feel dumb after looking at it

Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR dual ch. 8GB (2 x 4GB)