All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Far cry 3? Impossible?
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012, 02:50 

Is there a way to have the 3d working with Far Cry 3? I tried to turn it on, but it really renders very bad. Shadows are flickering and all over the place (wrong depth). I don't know if disabling some graphic features could fix those artifacts....but it is not a solution for me, because I would anyway want to play with max details.

So is there some way to have it in 3d? Is any new driver going to fix this? Is there some tweak?

Post subject: Re: Far cry 3? Impossible?
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012, 07:31 

I think I saw the Helix guy post somewhere he was going to take a shot at Far Cry 3. If anyone can achieve a quality 3d experience with this game he can. Otherwise there is not much hope, I would assume, since 3D enthusiasts are such a small portion of the market no else cares about creating that kind of experience for their games even though it kicks ass.

As for me I will stick to Borderlands 2 and Battlefield 3 and just hope Far Cry 3 eventually works with 3D vision and buy it then.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2012, 19:10 

Now I understand who you are talking about. I didn't know about Helix. I stumbled upon this name when I was looking for reviews about the 3d of tomb raider legend. I wanted to play the last trilogy, because another tomb raider is coming out next year....and wanted to play 3d. Legend doesn't run well in 3d...no depth, and many artifacts (playing with next gen content off is not an option...). Helix website has a fix, but I was not able to use it. Whatever I do, the game crashes. I was able to see the main menu with lara in the background though, and it had a much better depth, although there were some artifacts.

If you know more maybe you can give some advice...otherwise i'll just play through it, and use the 3d starting from Anniversary (I think that one runs well without any fix)

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 05:54 

I've played it in 3D despite the issues (multiplayer only mind you whereby the 3D Laser Sight helped big time). I do wish the problems would be fixed though so I could enjoy the game to its full potential. When I do the Single player campaign, I will likely keep 3D off in the meantime. Not the end of the world if I can't use 3D Vision although I know the game would be more fun for me if it worked correctly on it. So in summary, not "impossible" but not recommended either.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 10:27 

djnforce9 wrote:
I've played it in 3D despite the issues (multiplayer only mind you whereby the 3D Laser Sight helped big time). I do wish the problems would be fixed though so I could enjoy the game to its full potential. When I do the Single player campaign, I will likely keep 3D off in the meantime. Not the end of the world if I can't use 3D Vision although I know the game would be more fun for me if it worked correctly on it. So in summary, not "impossible" but not recommended either.

Hey since a few days a fix is available. Just google 'helix far cry 3 fix / mod'. It is out since the 20th of december or something like that. I tested it and the 3d works perfectly. I didn't see any shadows missing or any other missing effect. It was flawless in 3d. I got the .dll and shaders files from some french webpage. Weird enough, on the helix website the mod is not there....maybe needs an update, don't know.

Just google it and enjoy far cry 3 in 3d :)

EDIT:::::: I was wrong! The page has already been updated! http://helixmod.blogspot.ch/2012/12/far ... n-fix.html
Playing DX11 has no purpose anyway, only DX11 feature is HBAO, and it looks awful, makes everything around characters glowing dark....I have played FC3 in DX9 from the start, so it was not a problem for me this 3d fix.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2013, 22:58 

Ive been playing far cry 3 in 3d ok with these drivers 310.90, only thing bad was reflections in water

actually i think this worked only because i had Heluxmod installed