All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Guild Wars 2 in 3D
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 12:52 

I have a little querie regarding the 3D in Guild Wars 2 i'm hoping you can answer.

GW2 starts OBT next week and i'm looking to optimise my time by testing the 3D features
First and foremost who should i report any technical issues to? Anet, here or elsewhere?
And is there a current status or anything i should be watching out for? Its a new setup for me so are there any usual glitches in new games i should watch for?

I'm running 3D Vision 1.7.5 on an Acer HN274H
When i installed the updated graphics drivers for GW2 the only outstanding issue on 1st March was 'some objects render at wrong depth' is this still relevant.

Also when i've played GW1 in 3D i notice that the character and NPC names are on front screen rather than directly under the character as they should be. Is this normal? i did actually find it easier to find and select them.

Post subject: Re: Guild Wars 2 in 3D
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 13:30 
Site Admin

Unless a game receives 3D Vision ready certification from Nvidia it is normal that there could be some issues or things not properly rendered in stereoscopic 3D mode. You can share your findings when playing the game in stereo 3D mode here, but you should also report the issues to the developer hoping that they will be addressing them with patches making the game look even better when played in stereoscopic 3D mode.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 13:43 

I'm not sure if its certified yet other than to say it was in the list of stereoscopic games when i installed the updated gfx driver. But thanks Bloody, so i'll copy/paste my finding on both sites, their official forums aren't public yet, likely during the week when they release the client download. I also forward any other user's input this way

PostPosted: 29 May 2012, 09:52 

Hello,

Was guild wars 2 ever tested in the beta for 3d. I been watching this thred and was wondering. I just pre-ordered my copy, and got my monitor. I will be testing this as well in 3d.. if anyone did let me know how it went. I really hope 3d works well in this mmo.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 21:55 

I've been playing in the beta and the 3D is awful. There really isn't any 3D, it's just 2D a little bit farther in the screen. Nothing sticks out and there is no depth to the areas or people or anything. Very disappointing.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2012, 03:15 

I played it this past weekend. I am pretty new to 3d but it looked great to me. There were some issues in the cutscenes but i felt like i was in a world. I don't really even like MMO's but with the 3d it made it much more fun to me. I am the kind of person that turns the depth all the way up though.