Vireio Perception is an open source stereoscopic 3D driver developed by Andres Hernandez (Cybereality) available for the stereoscopic 3D community to help in its further development and testing. It can work on both AMD and Nvidia-based graphics cards and aside from the Oculus Rift support (including head tracking), the software can also output in Side by Side, Over/Under, Row Interlaced, DLP Checkerboard and various Anaglyph output modes (all outputs are based on shaders that you can modify or extend).
Not yet as polished and optimized for performance as other similar solutions, Vireio Perception currently also supports only very few games, here is a list of what is currently supported with profiles (also easily accessible in XML format):
- AaAaAA!!! – A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
- Dear Esther
- DiRT 2
- Left 4 Dead
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Half Life 2
- Portal 2
- Mirror’s Edge
- Unreal Tournament 3
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- To download the latest version of the Vireio Perception software...
- To download the full source code of the Vireio Perception software...
- The official Vireio Perception software project forum over at MTBS3D...