All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: tridef+samsung s27a950d+nvidia card
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2013, 23:46 

hi all and a big thnx for the hard work that you are doing bloody (sorry for my bad language).
i found in some forum that tridef work only sbs with nvidia cards in 120hz monitors. is that true? it means you gonna lose resolution?

and i am looking for reviews links for active monitors (tridef and 3d vision) that haven't crosstalk.
i have an aoc e23phz http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monito ... 12209.html
and i wanna to change it, what do you suggest?

thank you very match.

Post subject: Re: tridef+samsung s27a950d+nvidia card
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2013, 10:56 
Site Admin

Yes, it is true, TriDef 3D does not support frame sequential output with Nvidia graphics, only with AMD.

If you however have a 3D Vision compatible solution with Nvidia graphics there is a workaround for making it work with TriDef 3D.

Going for the Samsung 3D monitor and using Nvidia graphics along with TriDef 3D however is even harder to combine and work in frame sequential mode with the full resolution.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2013, 20:13 

thnk you bloody for the replay,

can you send me the links for the two solution?

and what do you suggest as good monitor whith out crosstalk?

and what is your opinion about samsung s23a700d and s27a950d? does they have crosstalk?

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2013, 22:10 
Site Admin

Unfortunately there are still no 3D monitors that are completely without crosstalk in stereo 3D mode, but the latest 3D Vision-ready monitors using Lightboost technology have less than the older models. If you are looking for a totally crosstalk-free solution, you might want to check 3D DLP projectors as an option, but there you are limited to 720p resolution in stereo 3D mode for gaming as even if the projector is 1080p resolution it is only usable for watching 3D movies and not for gaming.

And if you are not willing to play a lot with the software with the possibility of not being able to make things work as you'd expect them to in the end I'd suggest to save the possible trouble and go for either 3D Vision-compatible solution using 3D Vision-ready monitor with Nvidia graphics or a Samsung 3D monitor with an AMD graphics. If you look around the forum there are a lot of topics with people having trouble making combinations between these, some of which are reporting success, while others are not able to. Have in mind that even if you manage to make things work there will be some compromises like having to use older video drivers or getting lower performance...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2013, 08:10 

thank you again bloody,
what do you mean with "getting lower performance..."? does it mean more than the half drop that happening with 3d?

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2013, 13:08 
Site Admin

Yes, that is exactly what I mean... you can get even lower performance as 3D Vision is optimized for Nvidia graphics and TriDef is graphics driver and video card independent, so you can experience lower framerates (depending on the game), as some games work better on either of the two. If you use a workaround to have the stereoscopic 3D rendering done by TriDef and the displaying by 3D Vision you are sure to get lower performance as you have both solutions running at the same time.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2013, 23:15 

thank you bloody for all this information.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 00:49 

I have just installed the last tridef 3d software and the control panel do not recognize my samsung 2233rz monitor. I have turned off nvidia 3d vision. Selected "standard display types" + "direc3D stereo 120hz" but doesn't work (error "00300122"). Any solution?