All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: TriDef 3D running on ASUS VG236
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2012, 19:57 

I recently purchased and ASUS VG236 because it was NVIDIA 3D Vision ready but I'm not able to play games through TriDef Ignition. I'm getting this message: "Please connect a supported 3D monitor and restart Windows". Is there a way I can run these DDD games using my ASUS monitor?

I'd like to be able to use the ASUS to play certain games that have NVIDIA 3D Vision compatibility that are not supported in TriDef (like Just Cause 2) but then use TriDef to play other games because they look a whole lot better in TriDef than NVIDIA 3D Vision (Crysis Warhead and Dishonored have too many problems with NVIDIA Vision IMO).

I have an HP 2311 gt 3D monitor I was going to return but if I can't get the ASUS to work with TriDef the ASUS will be returned instead.

Post subject: Re: TriDef 3D running on ASUS VG236
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2012, 13:02 
Site Admin

TriDef does not officially work with 3D Vision-ready 3D monitors, though there is a workaround that will allow you to use the TriDef for the rendering and the 3D Vision just for display, however the performance drop this way is more significant and if you don't have a really high-end system you will probably be disappointed from the FPS you are going to be getting.

Profile WWW