After the good results I got with the Service Menu on the Acer GD245HQ / GD235HZ in terms of reducing ghosting a few days ago, I’ve decided to try the same approach with the Samsung 2233RZ and ViewSonic VX2268WM. Unfortunately the Service Menu on the Samsung does not offer a lot of options to play with, but the story with the ViewSonic is completely different… the Service Menu it has is quite extensive, but unfortunately nothing else besides lowering the brightness level helped in reducing ghosting here. I’m saying that with a bit of disappointment and to warn you that there is not specific need to tweak the options available in the Service Menu, especially if you don’t know what you are doing! On the photo above you can see how the Service Menu on the ViewSonic VX2268WM looks like and what options it has available…
Now, on the first photo the Service Menu looks just fine, while the monitor is running at 60Hz refresh rate, but when you switch to 120Hz and call up the Service Menu it will look as on the photo above… it gets a bit messed up, although fully functional, and it is harder to change the options, so if you want to adjust something better do it at 60Hz.
With that said lets get to the point on how you can access the service menu on the ViewSonic VX2268WM, just another waring that you should not play with options that you are not well aware of their functions. It is best to take a photo of the initial settings, so that if you mess things up you will be able to return them back to their normal levels, before you started messing up with the values.
Accessing the Service Menu on ViewSonic VX2268WM:
- You start by turning off the monitor if not already off
- Press and hold the first menu button and then press the power on button
- Wait a few seconds while holding the 1st button pressed (the leftmost one), until you see the image on the screen
- Press the first button as you usually do to call up the menu and you should see an additional option at the top
- By default the new F icon at the top is selected, so you can press 1 to enter the service menu
- When you finish with the service menu just press the power button to turn off the monitor and then again to turn it on normally